#4: Tutor's Dilemma

Library

Eleanor peeked inside and felt the thick aura of depression. She peeked inside and saw someone with flies hovering around him.

"Excuse me. I heard that you didn't go out from this library since...", Eleanor slowly entered. The hopeless man raised his head and the room suddenly turned bright when the tutor saw Eleanor. "Welcome back Milady!!!", he shouted.

"I'm sorry I ditched you for the whole month. I don't know the rest of the story but I hope you will accept me back as your student", Eleanor bowed.

 I don't know the rest of the story but I hope you will accept me back as your student", Eleanor bowed

"Huh?! Me?! Milady. Why are you bowing?", Gilbert pointed at himself and regained his composure. 

Eleanor decided to go back to studying rather than getting stuck with Oliver who continuously teases and mocks her. She's also embarrassed to talk to the maids since she isn't sure to what extent the lady of the house ridicules them.

"Gladly, Milady. You may take your seat. Just give me some time to gather your books", Gilbert smiled. Eleanor was surprised. She didn't give it much of a thought but the royal tutor gave a noble-like atmosphere around him. "Sorry", she suddenly apologized because she was expecting to see an old man who was senile. "Hm? Do you have something else to apologize for?", the tutor gave a soft chuckle. "I actually thought you would be some kind of old man or maybe a monk", Eleanor found herself able to speak her mind without any fear. Compared to the rest of the people in the mansion, he's the first person who smiled at her.

"I just started working but you never entered my class. For the past two weeks, you were unconscious. This is the first time we see each other", Gilbert informed.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Gilbert de Francisca. I was formerly the tutor of the Crown Prince and now the tutor of the Duke's daughter", Gilbert introduced.

"Ah, my name is Eleanor from the house... Wait... What's the name of this house again?", Eleanor covered her mouth. "Varian. This is the proud house of Varian", Gilbert pointed out. "Sorry. I just lost my memories so...", Eleanor felt embarrassed. "Milady, there is nothing to apologize for. It wasn't your fault that you fell on that cliff", Gilbert smiled again and opened some books.

"Your assessment test told me that you are already at this level but I want you to take another test. I will allow you to review for a week. After that, we'll resume your classes once you take the tests again", Gilbert informed. "What's the last result of the assessment?", Eleanor asked. Gilbert flinched. He scratched his nape which Eleanor found adorable. He was around 25 or somewhere near. "You failed all of them. That's why you originally had to take a whole day class", Gilbert informed. Eleanor felt like her heart was going to fall on the ground. She never heard that in her entire life. She was an A student since she was a child. She took that as a challenge.

Charles peeked because he was worried that Eleanor might be bullying the tutor. He spent a lot on inviting a royal tutor. The last one he invited almost gave up on tutoring because of Eleanor's laziness in studying.