#28: Execution

Eleanor wore a white overall and also she had chains around her hand. It wasn't too tightly done. She noticed that the guard asked to escort her was Charles's underling.

"Your father is kneeling in front of the King's chamber the whole night. He collapsed due to stress".

Eleanor looked at the ground on which they walked through heading outside. The bright light blinded her since she hadn't seen it for more than two weeks.

"My lady. I believe this is more than just regarding this poisoning. It is already known in the street that you may either be a savior or persecutor to the merchant. Executing you is both an advantage to the nobles and merchant".

The blonde guard looked behind and saw Eleanor's calm face.

Platform

Isn't it too cruel to chop off that pretty lady's head?

No way! She's just caught up in a dispute between two parties. 

Where is Duke Varian? He should be here anytime soon. We should also escape while we can. There might be a civilian war the moment her head falls on the ground. 

"In your witness is Eleanor from the house of Varian, a member of the Council and a citizen of this Kingdom who had fallen into the great sin of attempting to kill the Crown Prince

"In your witness is Eleanor from the house of Varian, a member of the Council and a citizen of this Kingdom who had fallen into the great sin of attempting to kill the Crown Prince. She poisoned him using a very strong opium drug and so she will meet her end in front of you, citizens of Andaria, as a warning to those who wish for the country to fall", the herald stood proudly on the platform with her. He peeked into Eleanor expecting chickened out lady. To his surprise, she kept a calm face looking straight into the crowd.

Claudia pushed herself in front to catch the last glimpse of her friend. Frustrated as she was, there was nothing she could do in her current position to save her. "It's not her fault", she cried. "You're right", she heard someone agreeing beside her. "Council Jenos", Claudia gasped recognizing him wearing his cloak with his hood on. "There must be something that the Council could do for her", Claudia grabbed his sleeves.

"It is simpler to accept a preconceived picture than to ask everyone in this crowd what they have in mind", Jenos sighed

"It is simpler to accept a preconceived picture than to ask everyone in this crowd what they have in mind", Jenos sighed. "Aren't you her comrades? aren't you going to-, Claudia covered her mouth realizing how foolish she sounded. She was her friend but there's nothing she could do as well." That girl survived countless battles. It's not that she'll easily fall in one attack", Jenos said with confidence in his eyes.