#25: Finding Answers

Council Room

Eleanor dropped dead on the table waiting for someone to notice her. 

"I'm not going to take you away from the Palace", Fineil finally noticed her

"I'm not going to take you away from the Palace", Fineil finally noticed her. "I'm given a task by the Prince. It has something to do with the merchants and the nobles", Eleanor sighed. "Then go die somewhere", Fineil tried to ignore her. "Where's your support?", Eleanor whined. Fineil stuffed candy in her mouth. "Stop whining and start working", the High Council went to his table.

Eleanor noticed that Jenos wasn't around. "He went to the South to create a pact with the Southern council", Ren noticed her looking around. "Elder Ren, when will you take me back to the Council Building?", Eleanor had puppy eyes. "I'm afraid until the Prince says so", Ren chuckled.

Balcony

Eleanor looked down and saw the trail of tainted rocks. It is said that whenever it rains, it somehow washes the blood stains and makes the river dyed with scarlet red. "There are red algae that thrive in these rocks as well. Such rumor isn't possible", she sighed. She couldn't help but think that the Council Elders were still wary of her because she was a daughter of the Varian.

"Why are you staring outside as if you like to jump out?", someone's voice made Eleanor turn around. She has seen her before. "Your Grace, the High Council is waiting for you", Rufus came and bowed. The middle-aged woman closed her umbrella and looked at Eleanor. The lady saw such familiar eyes. "Forgive me of my ignorance, Queen Dorsel", Eleanor knelt. "Rise child", Dorsel gave her a last glance then walked with Rufus. She doesn't have any knights behind.

House of Sailine

Claudia went down and checked on her guest.

"Ellie, what brought you here?", Claudia was wearing an elegant red dress. "Are you preparing to go somewhere?", Eleanor asked. "How about you go with Council Eleanor?", Rene suddenly appeared. Eleanor's eyes widened to see the Merchant Leader. He's so kind and humble to look at. "Sir Rene, thank you for allowing me to enter your place", Eleanor bowed. "Raise your head Council. I am the one who should thank you for treating my daughter well", Rene smiled. Eleanor was taken aback.

"I.. treated Claudia ill before. I should also apologize for that but I will do my best to be a good friend to her", the lady raised her hand and waved. The two walked out of the house with Eleanor behind Claudia.