#19: She Came Back

House of Sailine 

"I heard that the daughter of Duke Charles is getting pinned today. I am invited to watch the ceremony", Rene informed. 

"Can we switch? I want to see Ellie being officially called a Council", Claudia whined

"Can we switch? I want to see Ellie being officially called a Council", Claudia whined. "So bad, Lady Claudia. His Majesty asked you to oversee the streets. By now, the visitors might be roaming on the streets", Gilbert gave a short laugh. He was assigned to aid Claudia. "Sir Gil, aren't you sad that you're not able to attend Ellie's pinning?", Claudia whined. "The duke will roast me to life if he sees Lady Eleanor hugging me", Gilbert sighed.

Claudia and Gilbert walked down the hallway.

"The Emperor is pleased that you were able to gather a lot of merchants in a short time", Gilbert commented. "I... When I saw how Ellie did her best to enter the Council, I also wanted to give my best. Entering the High Society gave me passes to know a lot of ladies from different houses. At first, it was difficult to make friends with them but I managed to", Claudia smiled.

I see. Lady Claudia can entice people with her warmth. In contrast, the cold and icy nature of Lady Aileen makes her work easier due to the respect the people have for her. In addition to that, she is smooth in polishing plans and executing them properly.

Palace Grounds

Keanne is having shadow training. He is imagining taking down Charles. He closed his eyes and swung his sword. Someone received it. 

He opened his eyes and saw the silver-headed lady with her sword clashing with Keane's

He opened his eyes and saw the silver-headed lady with her sword clashing with Keane's. "I've been busy commanding the inner and outer guards. I haven't greeted you properly, Your Highness", Fiona stood properly and bowed.

"I am amazed that Lady Fiona will learn how to yield the sword. More of it, you're good with receiving my attack", Keanne commented and placed his sword back on its scabbard. "That sword was given to you by my father if I'm not mistaken. He promised to give it to any knight that will be able to defeat the Duke", Fiona pointed at it. "Yes, Lady Fiona. Although, until now, I still couldn't give even a scratch to the Duke. I commend you for being dedicated to your task for the festival", Keane smiled. "Of course, the three of us are all doing our best. That daughter of the Chancellor lectured a lot about not getting ahead of each other", Fiona sighed. "My brother is quite lucky to have commendable ladies surrounding her", Keane wiped his sweat. "Your Highness, I was all worried about this matter. What happens to you once the Crown Prince becomes the Emperor?", Fiona asked. Those very words sent shivers to Kenne. He faked his laughter. "Maybe a babysitter to his children", Keanne turned around and had a bitter expression on his face.