#5: Who She Likes

Palace Balcony

Eleanor tugged into Charles' sleeves as she looked at the ground. She felt like being preyed on sooner or later. As she learned from etiquette, no one who is lower in rank should raise their head towards the emperor unless asked to. 

"Pardon me, Charles. I have to take this wine and try this gift from a neighboring country", the Emperor removed his crown for a while. He doesn't want to give insult to the crown. Eleanor wanted to leave as soon as possible. What part of the Emperor did Keane get?

"Are you still pursuing my son, Lady Eleanor?", the Emperor finally recognized her presence.

"Greetings to the hope of Andaria", Eleanor spread her dress and bowed. "I heard that you lost your memories, poor girl. I noticed it the moment you entered. You usually face me with fiery eyes. Right now, I'm like watching a rabbit hide behind the lion. Why not show me that expression once more? ", Emperor Theo laughed. "Your Majesty, I would like to propose", Charles stepped forward. "Amuse me", Theo sat properly and placed the tobacco on the ashtray.

He needs to stop smoking. If he gets hit with tuberculosis, there's no cure yet.

I want to look at his face but I am just too scared that my head will go rolling down the floor the second I lift my head. 

"I will take your offer to be the Commander of the first squad", Charles placed his hand on his chest. "That's a great help!", the Emperor stood up and was prepared to shake his hand. "Are you going to add a request?", Theo grinned since it's unusual for Charles to agree so fast. He had always been worried about her daughter making an uproar.

"I wish that my daughter will be re-invited to social gatherings", Charles bowed. "Dad. There's no need to-", Eleanor was startled by what he said.

Did she get banned from attending gatherings? She must have some knack for having people hate her.

"Your request is granted. Then, your daughter is allowed to be in social gatherings if... She will be invited", the Emperor had a smirk on his face. Eleanor gulped and forced a smile. It was a nervous innocent smile that the Emperor had never seen in her ever since the first day that Charles brought her to the Palace.

"Then, you may walk around for a while. You might bump into one of my sons", Theo chuckled.

No thanks. I see, the Emperor looked more like the crowned prince. 

Hallway

"Ellie, I will have to talk with the chancellor. Rendell will be waiting for you outside the gate. Do you remember where we walked?", Charles asked worriedly. "I can remember that much, Dad", Eleanor gave a peck on Charles's cheeks. She was also surprised that she did it. It was a habit she developed when she was a child. Charles smiled and patted her head.