#13: It's Not A Dream

"Heh~ there's no way someone could live after falling in that high".

Call the police.. The ambulance.. Anything will do.

"Just let it be......, it's not like they're doing it to end their life. It's just painful to live for them. That's why let the person be free".

House of Varian
Eleanor's Room 

"Milady. You are sweating a lot", Saphira noticed. Eleanor looked at her reflection in the mirror.

I shrank into a teenager like this. I had my 15th birthday. Now, I am trying to get into the Council.

How long does this dream go?

"Rise and shine, Lady Eleanor. Today, the secretary of the council is going to fetch you for your apprenticeship ceremony", Mari informed. "Mari, once I get into the apprenticeship, that means I'd be leaving for half a year", Eleanor stood up and looked at Saphira. "Yes Milady. But don't worry, we will make sure the flowers bloom at their best. You were always visiting them in your free time. We thought you must have taken interest in the flowers", Mari bowed her head. "While you're up to that, could you please take care of another flower, Mari? It seems that it will have another bud this year", Eleanor was referring to Saphira's child. The ash-grey head turned teary.

"Have a safe travel, Milady", Saphira stopped herself from crying

Council Hall

All the members of the council are gathered. It is divided into two, the High Council and the Court Council. Fineil is the leader of the High Council while the merchant representative, Axel leads the Court Council. There are 20 members with 10 from the different councils.

This year, only 20 were chosen to be an apprentice. After being trained at the school, they will come back to take their examination and their scores determine which province they will work for.

Charles entered the hall with Eleanor. "I have no other wish than for you to have fun as well but if you can work in the capital, I would be sleeping more comfortably each night", Charles held her hand tighter. Eleanor chuckled. "Who do you think did I inherit my brain from? If you're that confident with your intelligence, then don't doubt me as well", Eleanor hid her laughter. Charles was frozen.