33. 𝓑𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓗𝓸𝓹𝓮

33.

Blinding Hope

➰➰

Avalon had died. Almost ten years ago her heart had stopped for exactly three minutes and thirteen seconds before Heelers brought her back to life. She didn't remember much of that experience, mainly because she didn't remember anything before waking up in a hospital bed seeing her brothers face for what she had thought was the first time.

It was ironic to her that even then her heart hadn't been as broken as it felt now while she sat on her bed, in her empty dorm room.

She was incredibly tired, but at the same time wide awake. She hadn't slept much and she felt like a zombie.

She also hadn't seen Regulus since the night she had cried on his shoulder - not even in classes.

Normally she would have been curious about where he could have been, but she hadn't had any energy since she had found out her best friend knew she was fraternising with a Death Eater and didn't even bother to tell her. All she could think about was why Stormy would keep such a thing to herself. If she was going to have any piece of mind she had to know. She had to know why.

"Hey Ava have you seen-" Sunny abruptly entered the room and stopped mid sentence once she saw Avalon's current state of being. "Holy hell you look like crap!"

"Thanks," said Avalon sarcastically.

"What's happened this time?" Asked Sunny, "was it Black? Did he do something to you? Do I need to end him? Well I'd have to find him first, I haven't seen him around lately."

"I don't think that's necessary," answered Avalon, "it was my fault...again."

Sunny came and sat on the end of her bed, "what's up?"

Avalon rubbed her eyes. "Apparently Stormy knew that Regulus was a Death Eater and didn't tell me."

"What! Who told you that?"

"Regulus, apparently she confronted him."

"That doesn't sound like Stormy, she would never keep something like that from you. Are you sure he's telling the truth?"

"I'm sure," said Avalon.

"The only reason Stormy would not tell you about something like that would be if she was trying to protect you in some way," began Sunny, "but I can't imagine what her motives were. I mean was she acting weird or something? I didn't notice anything, but it wasn't me she was lying to so- Ava?"