27. 𝓓𝓾𝓼𝓽 & 𝓡𝓾𝓫𝓫𝓵𝓮

27.

Dust & Rubble

➰➰

Having nightmares wasn't exactly new to Regulus, he would often have them as a child, except unlike when he was five or six he no longer had Sirius to crawl into bed with. He tried to keep himself awake for the most of it, trying not to fall asleep and be dragged back into the hell he'd been dreaming about, but at some point it always failed and he'd be back there within minutes of closing his eyes.

It was windy and cold, it was like the weather knew who was hiding inside the creepy old house that he had been in last Christmas Eve. He walked through the gate and immediately looked away from the heads of the Muggles that had previously inhabited the place. Bellatrix and her husband had put them on a pike outside the house like victory flags - their bottom half's didn't stand a chance against his psychotic cousin and had been blown to smithereens, they were lucky their head survived. Then again they weren't exactly alive so what would they care. He didn't like to look them in the eye, because every time he did he imagined what was going to happen to him if this meeting didn't go as planned.

He took a deep breath as he opened the door and walked inside. He had to go upstairs, and with every creek he wished he could be anywhere else.

"It seems we have a visitor," said Bellatrix grabbing him by the shoulders and pulling him to her side, "bow down little Reggie."

"That's enough Bellatrix," said the voice of the most feared wizard in the entire wizarding community.

Severus Snape who was stood in the corner sneered at him as he looked at the older Slytherin out the corner of his eyes.

"You summoned me My Lord?" Asked Regulus turning back to the Dark Lord and bowing respectfully, just like Narcissa had told him to when he had first came face to face with You-Know-Who. He had a waxy complexion and was as pale was snow, he wasn't human, but he wasn't a monster. His bloodshot eyes stared at Regulus with intensity as he put all of his reading about occlumency to work.

The Dark Lord drummed his fingers together, "Rhea Cain owed me a debt, one that she can no longer repay. Thanks to you."

"With all due respect My Lord," said Regulus trying to keep as cool as possible, he knew only a sharpe mind could get him out of this one, "I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was that Potter girls fault. I had no intentions of stopping any plans you might have had stirring up at Hogwarts. I just happened to be walking by when Cain slammed to bookcases together and trapped me in the trophy room. In fact once I realised what was happening I tried to aid them."