11. 𝓓𝓲𝓼𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓑𝓻𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓼

11.

Disappearing Brothers

➰➰

Avalon did not want to get up from the floor (despite the whole throwing you out of bed thing she had decided to keep the alarm clock, because it was the only thing that woke her up) especially when Sunny came running in to collect Stormy for something about a letter, and informed her the boys were waiting outside to see her.

After everyone in the dorm had wished her a happy birthday she walked down the stairs, only to be welcomed by her two worst nightmares - when it came to her waking up so early in the morning anyway - the two of them were extremely loud all of the time and they didn't bother lowering their boisterousness, especially on Halloween.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE SIS!" screamed James picking up his still half asleep sister and spinning her around, she screamed at him to put her down but he being James, didn't.

"My turn!" Stated Sirius ripping her from James arms and holding onto her from behind like he was about to give her the heimlich manoeuvre, he suddenly took off her glasses. "Happy Birthday Ava."

"Oh and one last thing," said James quickly before she could process her lack of proficient sight. He grinned his signature grin as Avalon tried to run but Sirius was still holding her, and by the matching grin he had on his face, he wasn't about to let her go.

"James, don't you dare!" ordered Avalon knowing exactly what he was going to do.

"It's tradition," he said walking towards her and on the way picking up a large white bucket that was hidden underneath the invisibility cloak.

"IT'S A STUPID TRADITION AND YOU PROMISED NOT TO DO IT THIS YEAR! SIRIUS LET ME GO! SIRIUS! I SWEAR TO-"

She was cut off as sixteen pounds of bright orange paint was tipped over her head. James dropped the bucket and Sirius let her go so they could take off out of the portrait hole, leaving behind the huge mess on the Common Room floor like they did every year.

It had been a tradition since she was eight and she had fell for it every year. That or she had spent all day trying to avoid it, but it had been inescapable. Either way it happened every year. She would wake up and some time throughout the day she was dosed in paint, the amount depended on her age and it was always bright orange because it was Halloween.

At first it was just James. He had decided to do it because he was planning on pranking the whole family for Halloween, but he ended up only getting Avalon before their parents had shut him down. Ever since then it had been a reoccurring thing. On her tenth birthday when they weren't together because he was at Hogwarts he had roped in his friends and together they made a card that exploded orange paint all over her when she opened it - he had gotten in so much trouble for that because she had been sitting on their mothers white couch when it was delivered. Since then Sirius had joined in and a couple of times Remus and Peter had helped as well.