16. 𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓶𝓪𝓼 𝓖𝓸𝓸𝓭𝓫𝔂𝓮𝓼

16.

Christmas Goodbyes

➰➰

"Ava! Have you seen the map?" Asked James barging into the common room. The girl in question was sitting on the couch having a deep conversation with her two friends about wether or not inviting Rose to her house for Christmas was the right thing to do.

"No," she answered before turning back to Sunny. "Explain to me how she dangerous again?"

"I'm not saying she is dangerous personally," said Sunny, "but rumour has it around Slytherin, that the only reason that her family was killed was that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named didn't like the fact that there was a Muggleborn in his house. The thing is I don't think it is a rumour, because it came from Lucius Malfoy and we all know about his little secret."

"That blonde asshat," mumbled Stormy using her favourite insult, "but seriously Sunny, just because Old Moldy wants her dead doesn't mean that everyone should just abandoned her."

"It took me a long time to persuade her to come and I'm not letting you convince me it's a bad idea, and quite frankly Sunny if Dorcas was here she'd be super disappointed." Avalon crossed her arms and Sunny rolled her eyes. Avalon could see that she was definitely annoyed, even angry perhaps. "So it's settled then, Rose is coming home with me for Christmas."

Sunny mumbled something under her breath about not wanting anyone to get hurt, before she quickly got up and left without another glance. Stormy took off to go watch Remus do homework of all things, leaving Avalon to go get ready for Slughorns Christmas party she was forced to go to.

She ended up wearing a long dusty rose coloured dress she had borrowed off of Sunny. It had a low-cut neck that went down a lot further than she was used to and there was a long slit up her right leg, but she really liked how the colour looked with her skin tone. That and she couldn't go ask Sunny to switch now, the girl seemed slightly angry at her when she left.

She did her hair up in a more elaborate bun, put on the silver earrings her mother had passed down to her last Christmas and slipped on a silver pair of high-heels she had also borrowed off of Sunny to match. She then slipped on the necklace Regulus had given her, and thankfully it didn't turn red.

Once she was ready she attempted to sneak out of the common room door without her brother spotting her - if she thought the top half of the dress came down to low then James would have a heart attack.

"Hey Ava have you seen the maaaaa-"

"No Sirius I have not seen your map, now if you'll excuse me I have a party to go to."