1. 𝓕𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓡𝓾𝓷-𝓘𝓷𝓼

1.

First Run-Ins

➰➰

Avalon Potter dashed towards her potions class at full speed. She didn't stop for a second, even though her legs were exhausted from all the stairs she had to take to get from the Gryffindor tower to the Dungeons.

As she reached the classroom door she attempted to come to a halt, but predictably she misjudged the amount of time it would take her to come to a full stop. Her body slammed awkwardly into the door, and because it wasn't shut she fell into the classroom. All eyes turned to her.

"Sorry Professor," she said hoping up from the floor. Out of the corner of her eye she could see one of her best friends attempting not to laugh and the other looking at her concerned.

"As always Miss Potter take a seat," said Slughorn. Being accustomed to the Gryffindors tendencies to be late he was unfazed. He was also aware, like most of the younger Potters teachers, about all of her excuses, so he didn't even bother to ask.

Avalon looked around the room and saw that the class was packed. Only two spots were left. The first one was right behind her giggling friends and right next to whom she considered to be the devil himself. The second was right up the back next to Alecto Carrow, who was glaring at her and somehow sulking at the same time. Now that she thought about it, it was probably because her twin was currently in the hospital wing, courtesy of her brother and his friends.

This decision was a no brainier.

Regulus Arcturus Black knew exactly what was going to happen as soon as the uncoordinated Gryffindor started walking in his direction, groaning to himself he prepared to glare at her with all of his spite. However when he faced her to do so he was taken aback by the pure look of malice plastered across her face.

Attempting to stare bullets through his head she grumbled, "move your bag please."

Regulus obliged, and she took a seat.

"Hello Ava we missed you at breakfast this morning." Avalon redirected her glare to her best friend who was holding the edge of the table and leaning back on her chair.

"What a friend you are, laughing at me like that" The brunette only smiled.

"We tried to bring you breakfast, but we got stopped by Flitwick, not allowed food out of the Great Hall," Stormy told her, her smile not faltering, "right Dorcas?"

"Yeah we tried. I know that your mother's Breakfast cookies don't arrive until this afternoon, so maybe we could go to the kitchens after class and you can get something to eat," said her other friend. Avalon smiled, only Dorcas Meadows, a girl who had never gotten a Detention in her life, would suggest missing the start of their next class and breaking a school rule, all because one of her friends had missed Breakfast. "We also tried to wake you up like always, and this time Stormy even tried pouring water on you, but you sleep like a dead person."