8. 𝓘𝓷𝓯𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓑𝓻𝓲𝓬𝓴𝓼

8.

Infuriating Bricks

➰➰

"Do you think someone kidnapped him and replaced him with the nice twin we didn't know he had?"

"Maybe he was abducted by aliens and they swapped his brain with someone who is responsible."

"Maybe a bludger from Quidditch practice hit him in the head."

"That's actually a sensible answer Sirius, well done. Maybe he was walking down the corridor and-"

"Perhaps he just decided that he ought to grow up," suggested Alice Fortescue, lowering her book to look at the five Gryffindors who were sitting on the couch, mesmerised at the fact that James Potter was actually doing his homework directly across the room.

"Yeah I'll believe that when the earth lights on fire and we all burn," said Lily Evans with a snort.

"Oh I have it!" Said Sirius suddenly, "maybe he was washing his hair one night and a portal to a different dimension opened up in the shower, and he was sucked in there so his replica from the other world could take over as our James."

"Why in the shower?" Asked Stormy from her seat on the floor next to Remus.

"Because that's we're he came from when he told me he wanted to stop pranking."

"What if the shampoo was actually a Confusing Concoction and he's just really befuddled," suggested Avalon taking a sip of her hot chocolate.

"What if You-Know-Who was behind the shower certain and he manipulated his mind," Offered Remus, Sirius gasped in realisation.

"What if-"

"Would you all just stop?" Said Alice annoyed, "I'm trying to read here."

"Well we are all just confused Alice, could you be a bit kinder in this time of horrendousness!" Exclaimed Sirius rather loudly, this attracted James's attention and he walked over.

"What's going on over here?" He asked staring at them all suspiciously.

"You know just talking about...the weather," said Lily, who was a horrible liar.

"The weather?"

"Yep the weather."

"Ava this was outside of the common room for you," announced Peter coming through the portrait hole, back from his tutoring session in Charms (which he was failing). Avalon took the folded piece of parchment from his hands and flipped it open.