4. 𝓝𝓮𝔀𝓼𝓹𝓪𝓹𝓮𝓻 𝓑𝓵𝓾𝓮𝓼

4.

Newspaper Blues

➰➰

"I wouldn't do that if I was you."

Avalon spun around and her eyes once again met the grey thundery ones of Regulus Black.

"What are you doing here?" She asked standing up straight and crossing her arms. The first thing Regulus noticed was her nose that sat crookedly upon her face, her voice also sounded unusual, probably as a result of said injury.

"I could ask you the same thing," he said taking a step towards her.

"I'm serving a detention," she said matter of factly, he just raised an eyebrow.

"In a classroom nobody knows exists?" He asked with a smug tone. She rolled her eyes and turned back to the hidden object.

"What is it?" She asked, he pondered for a minute and then took another step forward so he was standing next to her.

"The mirror of Erised," he said, as he spoke she could smell a bitter, yet sweet smell coming from his direction but she didn't know what it was. "You look into it and it shows you your hearts desire."

"And why can't I look at it?"

"Because you might become obsessed with what or whomever you see."

"How do you know that?" Asked Avalon. Regulus' patience was really starting to be tested.

"Because I read Potter, you might want to try it sometime and not to mention I've looked into it before, who do you think put the sheet over it?" He said, her eyes snapped up to his and then quickly towards the mirror.

"I read you ignorant imbecile, it's almost like you think you're the only one in the world that cares enough to pick up a book?" She said with a huff. "I've just never heard of it, what book did you read it in?"

"It's in the forbidden section," he answered, she had never been in that part of the library and it wasn't due to to lack of asking - being James Potter's sister had a huge downside, nobody trusts you to be responsible.

"You're different to what I thought you would be," he said, he had always thought that she was the type of person to be loud and full of life, but instead she was...he couldn't explain it.

"Everyone expects the clumsy girl to be Quirky and upbeat, but I assure you I am neither," she said flatly with a certain hidden fierceness.