6. 𝓕𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓱𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓓𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓷𝓼

6.

Flashback Demons

➰➰

James Potter was sitting on the common room couch with a bottle of fire whiskey clutched in his hand when he heard the news. He was surrounded by his three best mates, celebrating the fact that he held the record among the four for the shortest lived detention, with it only lasting ten minutes and nineteen seconds before the Professor gave in and let him free. 

"Potter," came a voice he immediately recognised as Lily Evans. He noticed however that her tone sounded a lot softer than he was used to.

"Come to join the party Evans?" He grinned, fully expecting her to yell or storm away in anger, but she didn't.

"Professor Dumbledore asked me to come and get you, it's Ava-" Lily didn't get to finish her sentence before James shot out of his seat.

"Where is she?"

"She's in the Hospital Wing, she's been hur-" Lily was cut off again as James ran straight passed her without another word.

He ran, not stopping for a even a minute. Not stopping for the crying first year, or the small Ravenclaw being bullied by the older Gryffindors, even though he knew it was his duty as Head Boy. He didn't stop when Filch yelled at him to stop running, or when he almost tripped over his untied shoelaces, because this was Avalon, this was his baby sister.

He didn't slow down when he reached the Hospital Wing door, instead he chose to push it open with his moving body. He came to a halt right in front of Madam Pomfrey who didn't say a word, but simply pointed to a cubicle to the right of the room. He quickly pushed the curtain aside and walked in.

His heart pumping a million miles a second, he stared at the unmoving body of his little sister. He didn't budge, not even a single limb for about five minutes before he finally took a seat next to her bedside. Madam Pomfrey pocked her head in but he didn't say a word, because while he was convincing Professor Flitwick that he didn't use magic to polish the astronomy equipment, that he was just super fast at cleaning, his little sister was being hurt. Badly hurt.

"She's just through here," came a voice from the door, he turned to his Headmaster who was standing alongside his parents, who at the sight of their daughter immediately rushed over to their children's side. His father placed a hand on his shoulder, and his mother sat on the other chair and held his sisters hand. "Now that your all here may I have a few words with you all? Perhaps away from any prying ears."

"I don't want to leave her," answered James in a tone that told the old professor that he wasn't going to change his mind.