25. 𝓔𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵 𝓞𝓾𝓽𝓫𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓽𝓼

25.

Emotional Outbursts

➰➰

Avalon snuck back into her comfy bed. She was exhausted. She took in a deep breath and got a whiff of the apple incense sticks Dorcas had kept in their Dormitory since day one.

The smell of home, she thought closing her eyes. It was empty, everyone was still in the Great Hall eating, unaware as to what had been happening hours prior while they were in their last class of the day.

Stormy had been set with the task of keeping her friends away so she could rest, but she couldn't. Her mind was running a million miles an hour analysing everything that had happened that day.

Rhea Cain and all her associates had been taken to Azkaban. Apparently with all of the evidence she and Regulus had collected and their testimony's she could be put away for a very long time.

Regulus.

She remembered the last conversation she had with him when they were in the Hospital Wing

"Ava please."

"Save it," she snapped, she didn't need this.

"Let me explain," he pleaded.

"Explain? How on earth do you plan to come up with an excuse that could possibly justify you being a Death Eater. A murderer! "She yelled the last part as it suddenly came crashing down on her just how serious this really was. "Merlin Reg, how could you?"

"They would have killed me," he said.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she muttered, "there are worse things than death."

"Are there?" he gulped.

"Yeah there is. Death is inevitable, inescapable even. Why live in fear of something that's going to happen no matter how much you try and stop it."

"That's the problem," he inhaled, "it's permanent, once you die that's it. There's no more fixing the mistakes you've made, there's no more saying perhaps I shouldn't have done that and making up for it. It's over and you're buried deep in the ground, just like everyone's perception of you."

"You spend your whole life running from death and he'll be determined to catch up," she said, her hazel eyes burning holes into his, "but if you slow down, just maybe he will to."