7. 𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓯𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓸𝓻 𝓗𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓽

7.

Professor Honest

➰➰

Avalon was grateful that the person who had saved her had also saved her glasses, because without them it would have made the mission of running her Defence Against Dark Arts class extremely difficult. Mind you she had actually made it to breakfast that morning and had even been there on time to sit with her friends. The downfall came when she realised she had left her entire bag in her Dormitory. It was a new record for her because she had never left everything she needed for the day behind before.

She opened the door to the Defence Against Dark Arts classroom and almost died of relief when she realised the Professor was late. She took a seat next to Dorcas as usual who seemed to finally exhale when she realised she had made it back in one piece.

Her friends and family had been hovering over her the moment she had gotten out of the Hospital Wing and they hadn't stopped since. It had taken her getting up on the table in the Gryffindor Common Room and announcing that she wasn't a two year old, in fact she was far from it as her sixteenth birthday was just around the corner. She had to do a lot of convincing to persuade Dorcas and Stormy that they didn't need to follow her everywhere, and it had took even more to convince her brother that she didn't need a personal body guard.

She was rather safe, so they had nothing to worry about. After she had confirmed that she had indeed been attacked by the Carrows, Dolohov and Tuft, they were sent home for the rest of the year. The Carrows however didn't get an invitation back for next year. She was quite content with the ruling even though the Carrow twins wands were not broken, because of their powerful ministry parents and she had yet to still find hers.

It was extremely hard trying to participate in classes without a wand. Her parents who had come to visit her in the Hospital Wing had promised to buy her a new one, but she had declined and said it would only be necessary if the last resource had been used to find hers. She had started Hogwarts with that wand and her heart was set on finishing with it. The three Slytherins and the one Ravenclaw that had ambushed her were no help claiming that they couldn't remember where they had put it.

"You know," said an annoyed Dorcas interrupting her thoughts, "this Professor is completely unpredictable, the first class she's late and the next one she's early and then late twice in a row, you never know when she's going to get here, you just always have to be-"

"On the look out," said someone finishing Dorcas' sentence. "Five points to Gryffindor Miss Meadows for allowing me to make an entrance."

"Oh! Thanks." Dorcas went bright red as the whole class stared at herd, and Professor Cain hung up her Jacket and walked to the front of the class.