32. 𝓑𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓯𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼

32.

Buried Confessions

➰➰

Avalon Potter was stuck in her old ways. She had forgotten completely about her rounds and had left Nora waiting for an incredibly rude amount of time. Then when she had finally got there the Slytherin had kindly reminded her that she had forgotten her wand, which she was required to have on her at all times.

"Stupid piece of junk," said Avalon clutching her Remembrall pendant Regulus had given her. It had been great when it worked, she had hardly forgotten a thing, but now it was always red no matter what. It was like she was constantly missing something. She had wanted to take it off for a long time, but something deep down had always stopped her.

After she had returned and apologised again they set out on their rounds.

One thing Avalon enjoyed about Nora was that the young girl had a head on her shoulders for such a young age, and because of this she was compelled to share things about herself that she would never normally tell a person she had just met.

"So you had a dream about the guy in St Mungo's and all along it was because you saw him after the Carrows attacked you?"

"Exactly!" Said Avalon. Nora had expressed how fond she was of the human psyche, so Avalon had given her something to think about. "So why do you like Phycology so much anyway?"

"The brain is the centre of all human function. With one thought you can build, create or destroy anything. Who wouldn't be interested in knowing what makes it tick."

"I suppose," responded Avalon, "but personally I would like to leave the interworks of my brain a mystery."

The two girls walked side by side talking for hours before they realised their rounds had long finished. Avalon had learnt a lot about Nora, and vice versa. She found out that Nora came from a family more or less like Regulus's, with pureblood Parents who expected her to uphold their family name and an older sister who got married off as soon as she left Hogwarts.

"Anyways my parents told Hanna that she had to marry Claudius Nott two days before her wedding. It makes me sad because my sister is such a sweet girl and Nott is a disaster of a man. I mean he's six years older than her for one and I'm pretty sure he's got his head up You-Know-Who's ass."

"Why didn't she just say no?" Asked Avalon wondering why she would marry a man she didn't love. Nora looked at her for a long minute.

"You truly have lived I sheltered life Avalon Potter," she said. "Most of us don't have a choice, it's either marry a person that your parents pick out for you or be a blood traitor and get blasted off of our family tree, only to be killed by a mad man that thinks he's better than everyone else. It's literally a do or die situation."