29. 𝓤𝓷𝓼𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓭 𝓦𝓪𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼

29.

Unsanctioned Warnings

➰➰

A constant glaring contest with Philomena Tuft in every class they shared wasn't how Avalon had expected to spend her first week back.

"You six, Tuft three," concluded Sunny as they sat in Herbology and Avalon's eyes stayed narrowed at Tuft, who was glaring back at her just as stoned faced.

The class was dismissed and Avalon, along with Sunny and Dorcas went back to the Gryffindor common room.

"Hey Potter wait up." Avalon stopped in her tracks as did Sunny and Dorcas. She turned to face the guy who had called her name, he was nice looking, he had sandy blonde hair and light brown eyes. He caught up to her and smiled, "I'm Sam, we're in the Ancient Runes class."

"Right," she replied, "Avalon."

"I know, I mean, I was wondering if you'd like to go to Hogsmeade with me tomorrow?"

Avalon looked over at Dorcas, who just shrugged her shoulders. It had been two weeks since they'd gotten back to Hogwarts and she'd already been bombarded with invitations to Hogsmeade - where they were all coming from and why now, she had no idea.

"Thanks for the offer Sam, but I'm already going with someone," she replied with a small smile, not wanting to be mean about it.

"Oh, okay. What about you Meadows?" He asked, Dorcas flushed bright red.

"She's already going with someone as well," replied Sunny, before shooting him a fake smile and pulling Dorcas down the corridor.

"Bye Sam," said Avalon giving him a wave and following behind them.

"The nerve," ranted Sunny as they walked down the corridor to the Gryffindor common room. "So, who did you say yes too?" She asked as they reached the Dormitory.

"No one," replied Avalon jumping onto her bed, "I lied, I'm not really in the mood for dating at the moment."

"Fair enough," replied the Slytherin leaning on the door frame. The room fell silent and Avalon pulled out the Transfiguration essay she had left until last minute, failed to complete and then had to beg Mcgonagall to give her an extension to the end of the day. As she began to add some finishing touches to her work, she felt two sets of eyes staring at her.

"What is it?" She asked her friends. Dorcas went to open her mouth, but then quickly shut it, so she turned to Sunny for an answer.