26. 𝓢𝓾𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓢𝓪𝓭𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼

26.

Summertime Sadness

➰➰

Avalon's summer so far was, for better lack of the word, boring. She had spent the first third moving Sirius out and into the apartment he had brought. James had been mysteriously leaving the house at all hours of the day and refused to give her an explanation, so that was always on her mind. She didn't care though, because it was a distraction from all of the other things that she had been thinking about prior to her brothers odd disappearances.

As predicted, ever since James had found out about everything he'd been watching her like a hawk. No matter how many times she had told him to stop treating her like a baby he kept it up, scaring off any guy who even looked like they were going to talk to her. Benji Fenwick came up to her to ask where Rose was once, and James had made sure he wouldn't ask her another question for the rest of his life. Not that she minded - the keeping boys away part, not scaring her friends boyfriend so much he almost broke up with her.

Avalon didn't want to date, in fact she didn't even want to look at another boy for as long as she lived. Regulus had been her first heartbreak and if it was up to her he would be her last. She had felt so terrible that she didn't think she could possibly do that all over again.

Of course when she told her friends this Sunny claimed she was being overly dramatic and she that she should probably give it some time and refrain herself from joining the convent just yet.

She disagreed, being a nun sounded therapeutic, she would never have to look a male in the face again unless he was wearing a cassock and a crucifix. Granted she wasn't exactly religious and they would probably kick her out as soon as they realised she didn't actually believe in what they preached, but it was a good thought.

The second third was spent helping Rose clean up and redecorate her family home. Lily and her friends had even helped them by assisting in putting protective charms around it, so Voldemort couldn't pay the small farm another visit even if he wanted to.

The last stent of her holidays was about it begin with the twins seventeenth birthday and a lengthy trial she was being forced to testify in.

Stormy and Sunny had spent most of their free time planning what was supposed to be the biggest party of the year. It was going to be taking place at the Montague Mansion, so the hype was huge. It was invitation only, and everyone who didn't receive one had gone as far as owling Avalon and Dorcas to try and get in.

It was unfortunate that Avalon had offered to help decorate because she had been wandering the halls lost for about ten minutes. The house elf had let her in and then gave her directions that she had forgotten almost immediately.