10. 𝓚𝓲𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼

10.

Kitchen Conversions

➰➰

When people say they flew out of bed, they usually don't mean it literally - unfortunately for Avalon that wasn't the case. She was not expecting to be thrown out of bed, but it appeared that the little extra Professor Cain had mentioned (or had failed to) was the fact that her alarm clock - if you could call it that - levitated her sleeping body out of bed and flung her across the room.

She awoke with a loud yelp that woke her entire dorm room up, the other four girls flew (figuratively) out of bed to see what was going on.

"Ava?" said Dorcas, "what are you doing?"

"Yeah and why are you up?" Added one of the other girls in their Dormitory Victoria Moon, her friend Georgia Vance lightly taped her on the arm.

"And what are you doing all the way over here. With a pillow clutched in your arms?" Asked Stormy, "did you sleep on the floor?"

Avalon couldn't even answer them, she just stayed down on the floor disorientated and confused. Last she remembered she was sitting in a hospital bed as her younger self looking at old family pictures and waiting for her parents to come back, now she was nine years older with her face pressed against the carpet. Stormy and Dorcas grabbed each one of her hands and lifted her up into a standing position.

"Have James and Sirius been in here?" She asked, "because last time I checked I was over there sleeping on my bed."

"I hope they haven't been," said Georgia. "I have the most hideous pyjamas."

"Not to mention you drool in your sleep."

"Shut up Vic."

"And snore. Really loudly."

"Victoria! I said shut up-"

"Guys Ava's alarm clock is glowing," said Stormy interrupting the friends squabble. They all looked over to Professor Cain's so called gift, and it had a bright amber glow. Stormy touched it and with a yelp pulled her finger away. "It burns."

"Well don't touch it you fool," said Dorcas, they all looked back at the alarm clock and it wasn't glowing anymore.

"That's just weird," said Victoria, "anyway, I got dibs on the first shower."

"I was going to say that," said Georgia following her friend towards the bathroom.

"Normally I would let you go first Georg, you know because you stink, but I have a huge headache so it's a no go today I'm afraid," said Victoria shutting the bathroom door in Georgia's face.