24. 𝓜𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓜𝓪𝓭𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼, 𝓟𝓽 4

24.

Mystery Madness, Pt 4

➰➰

"Indeed it wasn't," said a voice from the door. A voice of an imposter. She stood around the doorway with Asmodeus Keres and two people in black hoods. "Hello darlings, I believe you've finally figured it out."

The girl smiled and waved her wand over her head. The short hair and blue eyes of Jordan Cain grew and shifted into the long brown hair and green eyes of Rhea Cain that set her apart form her twin.

It took Avalon and Regulus a few moments to register what was going on, and it took that few moments for Keres to get out his wand and get theirs.

"Took them long enough," he said putting their wands in his back pocket, his voice was exactly the same as it was when Avalon had heard it in the forest. Rhea snapped her fingers and pointed to her former students. The two people in the black hoods came towards them. Avalon grabbed Regulus's hand who seemed to be frozen in pace and yanked him towards the other exit.

"Leaving so soon?" Asked Rhea, she waved her wand just as they reached the archway and two trophy cases smashed together blocking their only escape. The hooded people caught up and grabbed them both taking their hands apart and pulling them closer to their evil Professor.

"Keres go check we have a clear exit, get rid of anyone who intervenes," said Rhea not taking her eyes off the struggling teenagers, well teenager, Regulus was still frozen solid.

"Clear," said Keres when he entered back into the room, Rhea smiled and ushered for the hooded people to follow her - unfortunately they took Avalon and Regulus with them.

"Why are we going this way?" Asked Avalon as she struggled to get out of the hooded mans tight grip.

"Because I want to take you where it all started and I can't apperate on Hogwarts grounds sweetie," said Rhea Cain, she clicked her fingers, "loosen your grip, you're hurting the poor girl."

Avalon felt the tight hold on her arm loosen. She looked over at Regulus who still looked a statue, he was so tense in fact, he was practically being dragged along.

"So much for Dumbledore knowing what's going on around the castle," she mumbled, Rhea laughed.

"Dumbledores not here lovely. I couldn't get rid of him, so I went higher and tried the Minster. He's off dealing with that." Said Rhea with a sigh. "Granted I'll have to find a way to off the old geezer soon, otherwise I'll be in a lot of trouble - life lesson children never make a promise you can't keep, but that's a task for later on. Oh look we're out of the gate. Now, you grab his hand and you grab my hand." She looked over at Keres and he nodded. The man holding Avalon grabbed onto Rhea's hand and Avalon felt the tight squeeze in her stomach that she hated so much.