31. 𝓓𝓻𝓾𝓷𝓴 𝓗𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭

31.

Drunk Hothead

➰➰

Avalon had decided that if Death Eaters broke into the school she would let them set it on fire and if one more person made moaning sounds when they passed her, she'd let them burn with it.

"Just ignore them," suggested Dorcas for the thousandth time since the rumours had started.

"It's not as easy as you make it sound," Avalon informed her as she reached out for the door to the Prefects meeting. It seemed however that someone else had the same idea and she ended up holding someone's hand instead.

"Sorry," she said, she didn't need to look at the boy standing next to her to know who it was, just the feeling of his hand was enough.

"Whatever," he replied pushing open the door and swooshing past her.

"Wait," she said following behind him, "I wanted to talk to you about our lessons, you haven't been showing up and I really need to learn how-"

"Okay everyone take your seats," he yelled over the top of her. Avalon huffed and sat down in the Head Girl seat. "First things first McGonagall just finished our new schedules so everyone grab one as they're passed along."

Avalon took one and passed them onto the girl next to her. She read through it with a frown, she wasn't patrolling with Regulus as usual, but with Nora Grant, the Slytherin sixth year prefect.

Regulus was now with Alyssa Hopkins the seventh year Hufflepuff who had picked a fight with Avalon during their first meeting on the train. The prefect herself didn't seem upset with the switch, but instead looked from her paper to Regulus with a shy (obviously fake in Avalon's opinion) smile.

She looked at Dorcas, who frowned at her and gestured for her to look at the schedule again. Turns out they weren't the only ones who got swapped, everyone did.

"What's with the switches?" She asked the boy next to her, Regulus shrugged.

"Ask McGonagall," he said before continuing on with the meeting.

As usual Avalon didn't say much, but nodded along to make it seem like she was also in charge and definitely not daydreaming the entire time. Dorcas usually took notes anyway and Avalon usually looked over them at the end to make sure nothing had changed from the last five meetings she was forced to sit through.

After everything was over she quickly said her goodbyes and managed to catch up to Regulus just before he left and cornered him so he couldn't keep walking.