17. 𝓢𝓵𝓸𝔀 𝓣𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

17.

Slow Torture

➰➰

It was a slow form of torture not being able to talk to Regulus and it was a feeling that Avalon was experiencing for the first time. She had always had the people she cared about either in the same house, or a letter away, but she wasn't able to owl Regulus because of his parents, and so far he wouldn't answer the mirror that she had given him for that exact reason. She had tried to reach him heaps of times in the past week and he never picked up. It was making her unbelievably worried.

Rose had settled in with her family quite comfortably and thankfully no matter how much her mother tried to over feed her, or how many times Sirius had tried to flirt with her, she hadn't tried to run away...yet.

The only problem was a few day's ago she had shut down and no one, not even Avalon, could get through to her. She spent most of her time alone and hiding, whenever someone came across her she would move somewhere else until bed time. Late at night Avalon would hear her crawl into her bed that Euphemia had set up for her where Avalon's dresser used to be. This was also making her unbelievably worried.

Avalon was sitting on her bed holding her two way mirror up to her face and calling out Regulus's name, when her door swung open and her dimwit of a brother pranced in uninvited. Lily was behind him apologising profusely and reprimanding her boyfriend like a toddler.

"Who where you talking to?" He asked, putting down what she presumed were Lily's bags. Apparently her sister was giving her a hard time, so she had decided to come earlier than she had planned. Ever since she had told James about this he had been extremely excited, because he was actually going to be able to spend Christmas with Lily Evans, as his girlfriend, instead of sending her an overwhelming amount gifts and letters she didn't want.

"Myself," lied Avalon.

"You were looking into a mirror and talking to yourself?" Avalon nodded even though she didn't want to and James laughed. "Anyone would think you were Sirius."

"Shut up and get out of my room." Both he and Lily were about to leave, but Avalon stopped them, "Lily you can stay."

"But-"

"Out." James huffed and left. Lily closed the door behind him and sat next to Avalon on the bed. 

"So what's going on in the world of Avalon Potter?" She asked. Avalon would have cracked right then and there and told her all about how she was worried that something had happened to her boyfriend, but Lily didn't know she had a boyfriend or that her boyfriend was a Regulus Black. Granted Lily was an excellent secret keeper, but she was a terrible liar and when James later asked what they had been talking about (because he would) she would give it all away.