15. 𝓦𝓮𝓮𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓢𝓵𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓷

15.

Weeping Slytherin

➰➰

Sometimes Regulus Black just liked staring at her. It was odd, this whole thing, if someone told him that by Christmas he was going to be dating Avalon Potter he would have hexed them right then and there for suggesting such a thing.

He knew it was a bad idea the moment he started to have certain thoughts about her, yet when they kissed that night he didn't care.

He had received another letter from his mother confirming that he was coming home for Christmas. It was selfish, being with her even though he new it couldn't possibly last. He knew it couldn't, not with what he was about to do.

"I don't care what she did Stormy you should not have put itching powder in her robes. She's your sister!" He heard her exclaim from across the Herbology classroom, "and Sunny you should not have told Remus she was born with three bellybuttons and still sleeps with a teddybear, for Merlin's sake where is Dorcas when you need her?"

"One of those is true," said Sunny Montague, "and it isn't the teddybear."

"It is to!" Yelled her sister, Sunny laughed.

"So you admit you sleep with a teddybear?"

"Stormy and Sunny Montague, don't make me give you both detention," said Professor Sprout with her hands on her hips, the two girls stopped bickering. Avalon seemed to let out a breath and sink back in her chair. After a minute she turned to face him, she sent him a smile before turning back to the front.

Her hair was messier than normal, pocking out of her bun in all directions, and her glasses were smudged, he could see it from across the classroom but she didn't seem to notice as she took notes from the bored.

"You know Stormy I'm sure Remus would love to hear about how you are scared of grasshoppers," he heard one of the twins say.

He smiled as Avalon groaned and pretended to slam her head against the table.

The more he thought about it, about her being his girlfriend, the more he didn't mind being selfish.