21. 𝓜𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓜𝓪𝓭𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼, 𝓟𝓽 1

21.

Mystery Madness, Pt 1

➰➰

If working with Regulus outside of the Potions classroom taught Avalon one thing, it was that he liked order. He didn't like his workplace to be a mess, he liked it colour coded, labeled and easily assessable. Avalon on the other hand worked in complete mayhem, it was messy and spread from one side of the room to another. It was organised chaos however, she knew where everything was and to her it was easy to find everything. To an outsider though it looked and felt like their was no order whatsoever, this meant that they were constantly at each other's throats.

Despite their little disagreements they had accomplished more together in the last month than Avalon ever had alone. They both had a different way of looking at things, which is probably why they had put things together so quickly.

Now finally after such a long time they were finally starting to get get somewhere. They were so close, Avalon could feel it.

It first started to come together when Regulus suggested they put everything in chronological order.

They started with McGonagall's poisoning, which meant they had to come up with a plan to get the older Professor to talk about how it happened and that proved to be the hardest thing she had done in ages. It would have made it easier if she had taken James with her because he was brilliant at Transfiguration and despite her constant runs in with him he was (extremely obviously, even though she would probably never admit it) McGonagall's favourite, but she couldn't tell him because he was still in the Hospital Wing and even if he wasn't unconscious, he'd flip out over everything.

"Professor," she had begun after walking up to her in the hallway, "I was just wanted to know if you were feeling okay?"

"I'm quite alright Potter, thanks for asking," McGonagall replied before turning around and screaming at a Hufflepuff student to stop running.

"It's just after that whole poisoning thing-"

"I can assure you," began McGonagall, cutting her off in a stern voice, "that I am perfectly fine, now off you go to class."

"You've said, but-"

"Class. Now."

It seemed like the Professor wasn't going to budge, but Avalon was desperate so she took a deep breath and let the waterworks flow.

"It's just I don't know if James is going to wake up." It wasn't hard to make herself cry, just thinking about James made her sad and incredibly worried. "Not to mention I'm constantly asking myself if he'll be the same person he was before if he wakes up. I just thought you would know because it happened to you, sorry for wasting your time Professor," she mumbled beginning to walk away.