30. 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓾𝓲𝓽𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓡𝓾𝓶𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼

30.

Fortuitous Rumours

➰➰

Avalon was tired. She spent most of her time practicing wandless magic with Regulus and any time she had left making sure she didn't fail her classes. She had also put aside at least ten minutes a day to eat and decline any date offers she might have gotten.

"I still don't know why there's so many all of a sudden," said Victoria at breakfast one morning.

" Join the club," Avalon told her in between shoving bacon and the occasional piece of toast into her mouth, so she could have at least an hour of training with Regulus before classes started.

She didn't get that far, because Declan Harris, who's orange hair was still as shockingly bright as it was the last time she had sat across from him, sat down in the place she had saved for Dorcas and Sunny (who were both no shows).

"Hey Ava," he said flattening down his Ravenclaw robes and getting comfortable. "I was wondering if we could, rekindle and old flame, one could call it?"

Avalon stared at him blankly.

"I think I'm going to go find Georgia," said Victoria, before getting up really fast and leaving.

"Old flame?" Avalon snorted, "we went on one date in fourth year and then you stood me up before the second date, you organised. I waited in the Entrance Hall for ages, and then after that every time I tried to talk to you you speed walked away and said you had to be somewhere." She laughed. "An old flame, at least you still have a sense of humour."

"It's kind of hard to go on a date when you're in the Hospital Wing with a rather aggressive puss squirting hex crossed with an abnormally large head - that's four times the amount of puss coming out of my three times as big nose - to say it was painful was an understatement."

"Who the hell-"

"Who do you think?" He asked before she could even finish her sentence, "they warned me before our first date, but I didn't take them seriously. Then they jumped me on my way to...Ava are you okay your face is incredibly red."

"Tell me everything."