Chapter 9- Dog

C H A P T E R  9

D O G

"scars remind us where we've been, they don't have to dictate where we're going"

Song-place like this; wingtip

Marlee

After my fight with Cameron we didn't talk for a couple days. We constantly fight so our friends expect nothing from it. This fight was different.

Most of the time we fight over stupid little things like me stealing his clothes or what tv show to watch. It's been like that since we were little. We were best friends but rarely got along.

Unlike the stupid fights we've been in this one was heavier. He was still around all the time but we just ignored each other. I mostly stayed in my room when he was around unless it was to get food.

After 4 days of not talking I'm up at 3 am from a nightmare. I'm scrolling through Instagram when I hear a knock on my window.

What the hell?

Is someone coming to kidnap me.

I don't want to be kidnapped but if Spencer Reid and Derek Morgan were there to save me I wouldn't be opposed.

I grab my bat I keep by my bed and slowly get up wrapping my hands around the cold wood. I creep to the window peeking over when it slides open. I go to swing the bat when I hear a familiar voice.

"It's just me, don't swing." Cam pulls off his hood and lifts himself into the window. I place my hand over my chest and inhale deeply. When he stands fully up I slap his chest.

"You scared me!" I seethe setting down the bat and sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Sorry"

"What are you doing here?" I ask as he sits beside me. His hair a mess from the hood. He's wearing a baseball sweatshirt with some gray sweatpants.

"You opened my snap in the middle of the night" he replies with a chuckle. "So I thought I would stop by"

"At 3 in the morning?"

"It's not the first time" he shrugs. He's not wrong but the other times we weren't in the middle of a major fight. "Why were you up? Another nightmare?"

"No, just couldn't sleep" I look down at my fingers.

"I can tell when you're lying Lee"

"Okay fine, what were you doing up?" I question placing my chin in my hand.

"Couldn't sleep" I give him a look and he sighs. "Because I felt horrible about our fight"

I stare blankly at him for a moment sitting up.

"I know I pushed you to much it's just I'm worried" he runs a hand through his hair. "I don't know what I would do without you."

"You don't have to worry about that, you'll never get rid of me" I joke bumping our shoulders. He chuckles before turning and staring into my eyes.