Chapter 17- Worry

C H A P T E R 1 7

W O R R Y

"whatever our souls are made of yours and mine are the same "

Song- As the world caves in;Matt Maltese

Cameron

After frozen 2 ended, we all decided to stay for the second movie which ended up being the maze runner. Grams picked up Brianna since she had to wake up early that morning and Asher had a date but was going to meet us at the party we were going to later.

Miles moved next to Theo and Addie in the chairs leaving Mar and I in the truck bed ourselves. We've both seen the movie hundreds of times so talked for the first quarter.

About halfway through the movie, I felt a weight on my shoulder. I peer over at Mar, who was dead asleep. Her lips were slightly pouted and her long lashes touched her cheeks.

I tried my hardest to stay still the rest of the movie knowing she needed the rest. When the movie ended, Theo hopped up and started talking loudly.

"Shh" placing a finger over my mouth, I jerk my head on Mars direction. His mouth forms a O shape and he nods. I toss him the keys to let him drive so I don't have to wake Marlee yet.

He catches them Mid-Air and heads to the drivers seat. Addie and Miles get in the front with him. The sound of the engine humming fills my ears as Theo pulls out of the spot.

My eyes look up at the stars while we drive down the back roads, surrounded by forest. Somehow my eyes trail to Marlee and I can't seem to tear them away.

She's always been beautiful, as long as I can remember. Even when she was missing her front teeth, or her face was broken out, or she got a bad haircut.

My phone buzzes in my pocket. Shuffling, I try carefully not to wake Mar up. Clicking on my phone I see a message from Serena. A picture of her I took when she wasn't looking is under her name.

I open my messages and read through the ones from her.

Babe I'm at the party! When are you getting here?

Hurrrrrryyyy

There's an empty room here for later

Babe?

Clicking off my phone and I decide I'll just see her when we get there, I realize we're already at the house. Theo, Miles and Addie go inside without me.