Chapter 45: Memories

C H A P T E R 4 5

M E M O R I E S

"Don't you stop loving me"

Song- Love on the brain; Rihanna

MARLEE

"So we might be lost." Theo looks backs at us and then to Cameron in the passenger seat. He's pulled over to the side of a weird neighborhood.

"We were almost these, how are we lost?" Grayson asks, pulling his earphones out.

"I got confused and took a wrong turn." He says in distress.

"We can just turn around then." Cam suggest cooly, looking around.

"I thought I could figure it out so I kept driving and now I have no idea where we are." He bangs his head on the steering wheel. The loud honk causes me to jump.

"How do you manage to get lost driving the same way we've driven the past 17 years?" I shake my head, leaning forward.

"How do you manage to get with my best friend?" He retorts while turning to glare at me.

This little-

"It's not her fault we're lost!" Grayson defends me.

"If we didn't stop a million times because someone had to pee, we would be there already!" Connor sends me a look. It's not my fault I have a bladder the size of a pea.

The 4 of us erupt into a fit of arguments. There's no specific side, we're all just screaming at each other. Theo is turned completely around and the three of us are leaned forward.

"Everyone shut up!" Cam shouts, silencing the car. "Fighting isn't going to magically help us get un-lost."

"I don't think unlost is a word" Grayson interrupts awkwardly scratching his head.

"I don't care, here's what we're going to do." Cam opens the glove compartment and pulls out a map. "There's no connection here so Marlee you'll sit up here and read the map to Theo. Grayson and Connor will try and find connection to pull up the GPS and Theo will drive."

"What are you going to do?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Make sure you guys don't kill each other."