Chapter 16- Drive in

C H A P T E R  1 6

D R I V E  I N

"We'll break our own hearts so someone else can't"~Bridgett Devoue

~Bridgett Devoue

Song- Ghosting; mother mother

Marlee

"Hey Marlee!" Connor smiles a toothy grin at me. "Might I say you look wonderful today" he compliments nudging Grayson who smiles the same.

"And did you do something new with your hair?" Grayson asks rocking back onto his heels. "It looks great"

I close the magazine I was reading and slide my feet off of the couch. Looking at them suspiciously, I stretch for a second.

"What do you two want?" I question ,propping my feet onto the coffee table. Connor basically shoves Grayson to speak. They whisper-yell at each other for a moment before turning back to me.

"Well Sara isn't going to be home for a couple hours" Grayson explains awkwardly.

Nothing new there. That child is always awkward.

"And our chore for today was to take Ella on a walk" Connor speaks up, I nod slowly knowing exactly where they were going with this.

"But a couple of the guys from the team invited us to go to the field for a game" Grayson finishes Connors statement "so we were wondering-"

"If I would take her on a walk for you?"

They both nod sending me pleading eyes.

"What do I get out of it?" I ponder placing my chin in the palm of my hand. They both glance at each other confused.

"Um, our love and affection?" Grayson offers raising his shoulders to a shrug.

"Who would want that?" I retort going to grab my magazine again.

"Fine! We'll-" Connor thinks for a minute "-side with you on any argument you, Theo and Cam have for the next week!"

I don't say anything with raised eyebrows and a unfazed expression.

"Month?" Grayson offers.

"2 months and you got yourself a deal" I tell them opening my magazine while they whisper to each other. Eventually they stop and Grayson grabs my magazine. Him and Connor outreach their hands and shake mine.