Chapter 46: Tracks

C H A P T E R 4 6

F O R G I V E N E S S

"If I could go into your eyes I would get lost forever"

Song- Tongue tied;Grouplove

Marlee

Time seemed to drift away from me like the sun drifted under the ocean. The stars and moon lit the sky up. I was lost in my thoughts until I saw a figure on the beach. It was the middle of the night and no one else was outside.

When I squinted my eyes I could make out the shape of Theo. I grabbed a hoodie to protect myself from the cool wind and snuck outside. When I got there the only light source was the moon reflecting off of the ocean. I saw Theo raise a bottle to his lips and take a swig.

I creep down the beach with sand between my toes and sit next to him. His looks up and sends me a nod. The alcohol surrounds him letting me know he's drunk.

"Hey." I say softly, brining my knees to my chest.

"Hey." He reply's plainly while taking another drink and chucking the empty bottle beside him.

"What are you doing?" The sound of the waves meeting the earth fills the silence.

"Having a party." He chuckles, motioning around him.

"With yourself." My brows furrow as I look to him.

"I'm my own company." He grins drunkenly. "And my own best friend."

I know what he means when he says that. I finally get why he was so upset. He was afraid he was not going to just loose Cam but me as well. I grab his hand and squeeze it in mine.

"You're not going to lose either of us. We're still your best friends and always will be. No matter what." I reassure him, his eyes seem to soften in some way, a weight was lifted from him.

"How can you be sure?" He sniffles, his hand meets his curls for a second.

"I don't know." I say truthfully. "But what I do know is that as long as I'm alive you will be my other half and nothing can change that."

"Promise?" He holds up his pinky like a child but the small gesture brings a smile to my face.

"Promise." I interlock our pinky's and shake my head. He pulls me in for a hug and the air leaves my lungs from how tight he squeezes me. "I missed you."