Chapter 44: Vacation

C H A P T E R  4 4

V A C A T I O N

"If being with you hurts then I guess I'll be in pain forever"

Song-  New America; Halsey

Marlee

The week of school before spring break was absolute torture. Theo refused to say a single word to me or Cam. He wouldn't even look at me. I felt my heart break a little every time my twin would avoid my glance or not reply to me.

All of our other friends and Connor and Grayson were all really supportive. They all said they were just waiting for it to happen.

Although the Theo situation sucks it felt good not to have to sneak around. We weren't going to full on make out in the hall or anything. Cam would just hold my hand as we walked through the school or would kiss my head when he dropped me off at class.

When school was over Friday I went straight home to pack my suitcase. We were leaving before the sun rose in the morning and I hadn't even started. Procrastination at its finest.

We usually all ride in Sara's van but since her van is broke down right now we had to take two cars. The adults and Ella were taking Dave's car. Cam and Theo were going to take turns driving Moms car. The dread builds in me at the thought of a 9 hour car trip to Florida with Theo who's mad at me.

I place a couple bikinis and my toiletries in my bag before going over my mental checklist. I zip up my suitcase and bring it out the car to load it up. Theo was outside when I walked out. I gave him a awkward smile which he ignored.

When I set my suitcase down he picked it up and threw it into the trunk. "Thanks"

Instead of replying he just walked back into the house. I kicked a pebble with my foot when my phone rang. I saw Cams name pop up and smiled to myself.

"Hello?"

"Hey, meet me outside in 5." He says the second the phone connects.

"Why?"

"Because I miss you." He tells me in a sappy voice.

"Shut up, you literally saw me 2 hours ago." I roll my eyes, kicking the pebble some more.

"Fine, I guess you don't want to see me." He threatens.