CHAPTER THREE

Kang Yeosang

A wave of realization hits me.

No way. No fucking way.

"You got that?" Seonghwa sternly says.

I instantly pushed him away from me and averted my gaze away from him. Why on earth did I think that he's going to kiss me? Ugh! You fucking idiot! He has a girlfriend for fuck's sake!

I gulped once again before saying...

"Why propose to her?"

When it could have been me?

"What do you mean?"

"I-I mean...why propose to her so early?" I mentally slapped myself for stuttering but I didn't dare to look at his face.

I heard him sigh, "It's sort of complicated, but I will tell you probably after our engagement." He answered.

I let out a bitter laugh.

"You seem confident that she's going to say yes to you."

He chuckled lightly, "Well, she's my soulmate after all." He utters with a crescent shape forming on his lips.

Soulmate.

I have no idea why but the word soulmate coming out of his lips just sounds wrong to me.

"But why?" I questioned. I can't stop asking him until I hear the reason.

"We've been together for a year now. I think it's the time for me to propose to her."

That's not a good reason.

"But it's only been a year. Can't it wait?" I began bombarding him with questions.

"I know you're protective over Lia..."

Not only that...

"...but you wouldn't understand, Yeosang."

"That's because I don't!"

Seonghwa faces me with a perplexed look on his face.

"Why are you yelling?"

I inhaled some air for me to calm down. Why am I yelling? I don't know. I have no idea what to feel right now but I can't just let out my anger on Seonghwa, it wasn't his fault for marrying the person he loves.

It's my fault for loving him too much.

My emotions are all over the place.

"Kang Yeosang," Seonghwa didn't hesitate to grab my arm and pulled me. I was now facing him. He brought his hand up to cup my cheek as he was looking at me with his dark chocolate orbs.

I felt a wave of electricity running through my body. It felt like he's looking at me as if we're in our own world. He's holding me as if I was the most precious thing on earth.

"I'm sorry." is the only thing I said to him.

My heart starts to flutter when I saw his eyes dropped down to my lips.

"You really have pretty lips."

HSHJSSJSJHSJSJSKDKD

Am I hearing things right?

"R-Really?" I stammered, not knowing what to say.

He moved away and smiled.

"Yeah, what lip tint do you use? I could buy some for Lia."