CHAPTER FOUR

Kang Yeosang

They're engaged.

I'm not supposed to feel this way but I am. I'm already in pain by seeing them together, now I'm in agony that they're gonna tie the knot. I have no right to feel this way. This is my sister's boyfriend—now fiancé that I'm crushing on. Lia deserved him more than I do.

Wooyoung constantly tells me to make a move on Seonghwa, yet I don't want to end up making bad decisions. I'd rather be hurt. But the more I get hurt, the more it'll drive me crazy. I wonder what did I do in my past life to deserve something like this.

I hovered over my bed and hugged my Toothless plushie, which is my favorite stuffed toy by the way. I faintly smiled when I looked at the toy, I remember buying this because it looks like Seonghwa. So childish of me.

I didn't notice a water droplet on the bedsheet. I sighed again and wiped my tears. Why am I crying again? My throat is already sore from crying too much. Why does Seonghwa have an effect on me?

Out of all people, why did I have to like my sister's fiance?

"Yeosang?" I heard a knock on the door, "You in there?" Lia's voice slightly echoed inside the room. I abruptly stood up and went to the bathroom to wash my face.

After that, I opened the door and let her into my bedroom. She arched an eyebrow as she examined my face carefully.

"Are you okay, Yeosang?" She didn't hesitate to ask. "Your eyes are sort of red. Were you crying?" She added.

I shook my head in panic, "No. I'm not crying." I tried to think of an excuse, "The soap got into my eye while I was washing my face. That's why it looks sore." I lied, and I almost sigh in relief because she seemed to believed it.

"Okay!" I could see the bright smile on her face. She's so happy, probably happy from what happened earlier.

And I would never want to wipe that precious smile off her face.

"I still can't believe he actually proposed to me at school!" Lia exclaimed, laying down on my bed while screeching.

I forced a smile and sat beside her. Lia smiles and placed her head on my knee. I brushed off some hair away from her face as she was admiring the shiny ring on her finger.

"Seonghwa is right. You really said yes to him." I softly utter, still couldn't believe that my sister is engaged to the man I love.

She chuckled, "Well, we promised that we're going to marry each other."

I frowned. "But why so early?" I tried asking.

"It's really complicated." Lia answers nonchalantly.

"Wait—so you knew the proposal would be this early?" I glanced at her out of surprise.

"Yeah." She responded plainly.

"Do you know what was his reason?" I tried asking again. If I can't know answer from Seonghwa, then surely she's going to tell me.

"I told you Sangie. It's really complicated. I bet you wouldn't even understand." Lia sighed.

"Then I'll try to understand." I assure her. But deep inside, I really want to know the truth behind it.

Lia sat up and crossed her legs. She frowns a bit and began to speak, "Seonghwa's family had a terrible history." She started.

I nodded for her to continue.

"He didn't tell me the whole story because it is a family matter and not to mention very personal to him. Months ago, he opened up to me that he has to marry his soulmate before he turns 20. So I wasn't surprise when he proposed to me but I didn't expect that he would propose to me at school." Lia pauses for a good laugh, "Seonghwa knew I was his soulmate. We bond a lot together and we complete each other's puzzle. Great match right?"