CHAPTER FOURTY-FOUR

Third Person

"Miss Minji?"

Yeosang mumbled before stirring his eyes open. The ceiling of the place is so unfamiliar but the scent is. It felt like flashbacks waved over his mind: hospitals, accidents, injuries, and bad memories.

The blonde exhaled sharply, but his worries faded away within a second when he spotted Seonghwa peacefully sleeping beside him. The elder's hand was intertwined with his. Yeosang felt some sort of relief when Seonghwa was beside him the whole time.

Yet, Yeosang questioned...was it a dream?

It was so vivid though. The encounter with Minji felt so real but so vague.

Suddenly, the door opened and it revealed San and Wooyoung together while holding hands.

Wooyoung's eyes widen when seeing Yeosang awake from his slumber, to the point the younger deliberately yelled in bewilderment. "Holy shit! Yeosang, you're awake!"

Seonghwa jumped in surprise from his sleep before looking at his husband. "Sangie, oh my goodness. Are you okay? Are you hurt? How are you feeling?" He stood up and placed a soft peck on the latter's forehead.

Despite the red tint cheeks he has, Yeosang replied timidly, "I-I'm okay. What...what happened?"

Wooyoung dashed to his best friend and took his hand, "The doctor said you were in coma. My gosh Yeosang, we were so worried for you. I thought I'd lose you forever."

San nodded, "We visited you to see if you were okay. Thank heavens you are awake." He softly ruffled the blonde's hair.

Seeing San now, Yeosang wondered if the pink-haired is Minji's son. The woman told him to thank San for everything, and he finally understood what was San's motive behind it. Although, he was unsure to ask if San is really indeed Minji's son. It might view him crazy.

Yeosang got rid of that thought and change the subject, "Thank you for your concerns. I must scared you a lot."

"Of course we were," Seonghwa almost exaggerated but carefully lowered the tone of his voice, "I thought you died in my arms, baby. I still don't understand why you had a coma when there's literally nothing wrong with you."

"Coma? I was probably out for a day, Hwa. You're just exaggerating." Yeosang rolled his eyes.

"Uh...about that," Wooyoung trailed off, "You were out for a week."

Yeosang's jaw dropped, extremely surprised that he was asleep for the entire week. But the encounter with Minji felt like a whole hour conversation. Why did it take him so long to wake up?

Speaking of it...

"What is the date today?"

The three exchanged glances before Seonghwa replied.

"It's June 13."

June 13?! Shit, he only has two days left.

"Why? Is it because it's almost your birthday? Don't worry, Sangie. I already have a party planned for you." Wooyoung winked.

"I need to go to school." Yeosang ignored his best friend's remark. He needs to find that book and he does not want to waste any time.

"School? You are not going to school until you are totally fine." Seonghwa scolded, not liking how school is the first thing on Yeosang's mind. "You just woke up. I don't want you to faint in again."