CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Kang Yeosang

"Seonghwa! You're here!"

As we hop off Seonghwa's car, his grandmother jogged towards us and embraced him tightly. Seonghwa smiled and returned the hug. When they pulled out, his grandmother averted his gaze away from her grandson to my eyes.

"Oh! You must be Seonghwa's fiancé!" She exclaimed then tackled me into a hug this time. I was surprised at first but I awkwardly smiled at her.

"Hehet, that's right ma'am."

Facepalm. God, this is so embarrassing.

"Honey, don't call me ma'am. You are going to be my grandson-in-law. Call me Granny." She giggled and I nodded at her statement, "Oh, come in, come in." She motioned us to enter the house.

I looked at my surroundings. The inside of the house was pretty neat and organized. Vintage paintings were hanging on the wall and vases with green plants were displayed. The house isn't big but not small either, it was the perfect size for them.

"Have you guys eaten dinner?" Seonghwa's grandfather asked this time, readying the dining table with his wife.

Seonghwa shook his head, "Not yet, Grandpa. We just came from school." He answered while pulling the chair backwards and motioned me to sit on the wooden chair.

"Thank you." I mumbled under my breath and let out a small smile.

Seonghwa nodded and took a seat beside me. I diverted my gaze to Seonghwa's grandmother, who was smirking and wiggling her eyebrows at the action Seonghwa made.

"How adorable." His grandmother cooed, "I can't wait for your wedding!" She added in excitement and I awkwardly laughed at her words.

"I want to have grandchildren." Seonghwa's grandfather said all of a sudden. I swallowed greedily, feeling a wave of anxiety. As if the way Seonghwa's grandfather didn't bother or mind my presence.

"I'm sorry." I bowed my head with a frown. I must not passed his vibe check.

He looked up to me with his lips pursed, "It's nothing. I personally think you're way better than Lia. You're polite and a little timid and I like that. Unlike your sister, I didn't like her since the first I saw her—"

"Grandfather!" Seonghwa gripped the knife with his gaze abruptly turned into a glare. "Your opinion is not needed in this table." He said with gritted teeth, still balling his fist in annoyance.

His grandfather shrugged and continued to eat. Seonghwa's grandmother bit her lip in embarrassment, "Don't mind him, he didn't take his pills yet." She apologized on behalf of her husband while the man beside her just rolled his eyes.

I reassured her, "It's okay."

After a few moments, we finished our food quietly. None of us even spoke a word during the dinner which was slightly awkward.

It was a relief that Seonghwa's grandparents accepted me despite being Lia's brother. But I didn't like the fact that Seonghwa's grandfather disrespected Lia a while ago. It was weird. Lia is sweet and a nice girl. I wonder if she acted differently to other people.

"Oh, let me show you your room." Seonghwa's grandmother stood up and instructed us to follow her upstairs. Seonghwa and I immediately complied, leaving his grandfather on the table.

"Here it is! I cleaned it for you, kids." She opened the door and invited us in.

It was indeed clean. White tiles and dark blue walls with pictures hanging. There's a queen-sized bed, perfect for two persons. A huge walk in closet beside the bed and a nightstand on the other.