CHAPTER FOURTY-ONE

Third Person

Silence took over the two as they were awkwardly sitting beside each other while their heads are bowed down. San was looking at the younger in his peripheral view. Wooyoung swore he could count how many times he swallowed his saliva due to the nervousness.

None of them spoke. It was painful to be quiet, not after Wooyoung unintentionally admitted something directly to San, and not after San was panicky at the situation.

Wooyoung recalled Yeosang's advice, which was for him to tell San his concern about the sudden kiss they shared yesterday. For Yeosang, he thought it was an asshole move from San, but understood why he would act like that. Yet for Wooyoung, he knew there was a reason behind it, but the negative thought is spinning his head. What if he was just a rebound?

"San, can you answer me honestly?"

The pink-haired sat up straight and looked at the younger, "What is it?"

Wooyoung cleared his throat, "What was yesterday about?"

San licked his own lips before pursing them. He averted his gaze away from him and looked down to the ground.

If San was honest, he did not know either. But for sure he was feeling something for the younger, yet he cannot tell what it was. He knew it was straightforward of him and that led Wooyoung on.

"Did you just kissed me because you enjoyed my company?" Wooyoung asked further.

San was a little taken aback, "N-No, I mean I enjoyed your company but--"

Wooyoung sat up straight, "San...do you want to be with me because I'm your ideal companionship? Am I just a rebound to you? I asked to court you, not to kiss me." He added, still in disbelief.

"Wooyoung, I don't see you as a rebound. For years I've dealt with tons of relationships before and none of them means anything to me. That's because they don't see me as the real me, and they are not sincere with me. The only sincerity I felt was from you and Yeosang. I'm sorry for kissing you yesterday. I should not have done that."

The words coming from San made Wooyoung set his attention on the elder.

"Since when did you felt that sincerity from me?"

"Yesterday at the lake shore." San answered.

Wooyoung heaved a sigh, "I've liked you for years. Why have you not felt that sincerity through those years?"

"Because I only see you as a friend and someone who follows me around." He shyly admitted, even though it might have offended Wooyoung. "But now, I know you are more than that."

San held Wooyoung's hand and carefully fixed his eyes on the other male's chocolate ones.

"Wooyoung, through those years you really mean something to me. I felt a strong connection with you and I feel safe around you, but I was blinded by the girls I dated before. I'm sorry if I was not able to see your sincerity and efforts. Can you give me a chance?"

The younger was stunned with the confession that San had told him. He was feeling some sort of electricity running through his body and the familiar butterflies that tickled inside his stomach.

"San, do you even like me?"

Wooyoung wanted to confirm for he does not want to get the wrong idea.

San exhaled sharply, "I...I don't know." He answered honestly. "Can you help me find out?"

Wooyoung blinked thrice, "How?"