CHAPTER NINETEEN

Kang Yeosang

On the way home from the coffee shop, I still couldn't believe what Jongho told me. The new information was a lot to take in. All this time, I really thought Lia intentionally cheated on Seonghwa. I was mad at her for that. Now that Jongho told me everything, what I feel right now is guilt and also failure.

I failed as a brother. I should have listen to Lia that time at the car, yet what I did was yell at her and pressure her. But I can't turn back time anymore, it already happened. Nothing will happen if I chose to cry and blame myself for what happened.

I took a deep breath, taking two steps before reaching the main door of the house. I took my keys out and hastily opened the door. I was greeted with a Seonghwa standing right in front of me with his arms crossed and a stern look on his face.

And I'm not gonna lie, he looks scary but hot.

"Why were you with Jongho?" Seonghwa spoke as soon as I entered the house.

I cocked an eyebrow, "Why do you need to know?"

He scoffed, "Because. And didn't I tell you not to go near my friends?"

"It was something important." I only told him, not wanting to make the conversation longer.

I was about to walk pass him when he stepped to the side to block my way. I was startled at first but came to notice that our bodies were just a few inches away. I cautiously looked up and our eyes met and that gave me weird tingles inside my stomach.

"Not so fast, Yeosang." He muttered with a sly smirk forming on his lips, "What was that 'something important' that you guys talked about?"

I narrowed my eyebrows, "Why do you care? It's really none of your business."

"This is my friend we are talking about."

"Exactly. So this 'business' is only between me and your friend. Now will you excuse me."

I sassily snapped and tried to walk pass him but he abruptly held my arm to stop me from walking. My eyes widen and slowly gazed at where his hand is on my arm. Then my eyes traveled upwards to his dark chocolate eyes again.

"You're getting a little bit bold, aren't you? I'm only asking what's with you and Jongho? It's definitely unusual seeing you two together."

I gave him an eyeroll, "What's with you today, Seonghwa? Why do you care about my business with Jongho?"

"Because I'm your husband. I'm supposed to know your whereabouts."

My heart fluttered at his statement, especially the word 'husband'. I was caught off guard so I averted my gaze away from him, trying to hide the sensation of heat spreading on my cheeks. The butterflies roaming around my stomach worsened.

"I-I..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say. But I shook my head and furrowed my eyebrows, and tried challenging him, "I think you forgot that I'm your husband only by contract. So don't play that husband card on me, Park Seonghwa."

"The marriage may be by contract but I still care about you--"

"Care about me or your reputation?"

"Look, Yeosang. I just want to make sure you didn't tell Jongho anything about our marriage." He snarled.

I fumed, "Why would I? You think I'll tell everyone that I'm married to you after my sister's death? Please, Seonghwa. I am not stupid to make that decision." I muttered with a hint of annoyance in my tone, "Instead of you telling me what to do and worry about the marriage, why don't you try talking to Jongho? I'm sure you're aware that he goes to school two to three times a week. That kid need some help you know. Lia's death really affected him so much." I finally walked passed him and went straight to my room, leaving Seonghwa there speechless.