CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Third Person

"Seonghwa, are you okay?" Hongjoong asked when seeing his friend's face, "You have been spacing out since we first got here." He added with a hint of worry.

The mentioned male woke up from his clouded thoughts and glanced at his blue-haired friend. He sighed and nodded in reply. Good at reading facial expressions, Hongjoong doesn't seem to be convinced. The look on the elder's face says it all but the younger decided not to go further.

"I heard Hana got suspended." Mingi started the conversation while chewing his food.

Seonghwa scoffed when he heard the girl's name, "Serves her right."

"I still wonder why would she do that though." Mingi shrugged while swallowing his food down, "Especially to Yeosang. She never went that far."

Hongjoong rolled his eyes, "She likes Seonghwa. Didn't you see the way she acted around him yesterday? Are you guys that dense?"

"Damn, she's plain delusional. I still can't believe Yeosang called her out publicly. He's so cool." Mingi praised.

"I know right?"

The three diverted their attention to San coming to their table.

"Yah, Choi San. Where were you a while ago?" Mingi asked, shifting his seat to the right to give San some space to sit.

"I tried contacting Jongho but he's really not answering." San pursed his lips into a thin line.

"How come?" Seonghwa asked this time.

San and Hongjoong deadpanned.

"Obviously he thinks you're gonna beat the shit out of him." San said with an eye roll.

"Why would I?" Seonghwa plainly muttered, looking down to his food and lacking ornamentally set his side dishes aside.

The three looked at the elder surprisingly. Seonghwa is known to be abrasive and aggressive when it comes to people who hurt or betray him. No wonder why Jongho kept a one-meter distance from Seonghwa because of the elder's behavior towards to traitors. Seonghwa admits that it is true, but now he doesn't want to fight anymore. He's tired and drained from what he learned yesterday.

"So...you won't punch him or kick his ass or give him a taste of his own medicine, right?" Hongjoong asked Seonghwa pertaining to Jongho, making sure of it because he definitely don't want to see his friends fighting over something.

He lethargically nodded, "Yeah."

"That's good but like...why the sudden change?" Mingi curiously asked.

Seonghwa placed his fork down and leaned his back against the chair while placing his hands inside the pockets of his black leather jacket.

"It already happened, so what's the point fighting over something that is over a month ago?" Seonghwa blankly replied.

The three were stunned.

"Plus, I could feel Jongho is already regretting it. I wasn't that surprised either. I knew how close they were but...I don't know. I guess I didn't seem to mind?"

Hongjoong has his jaw dropped at his friend's remark. "Seonghwa, Lia cheated on you with your best friend and you don't mind?"

Seonghwa glared at the younger, "Of course I fucking mind. What I meant was I don't mind that Lia and Jongho are close since they are classmates. Yet, Lia cheating on me with Jongho, that never crossed my mind. I trusted Jongho but now, that seemed to fade away."