CHAPTER FOURTY-THREE

Third Person

Pacing back and forth with anticipation and agitation, Seonghwa prayed to heavens that Yeosang will be okay. It's been exactly three hours since he brought Yeosang to the emergency room. It's scaring him at this moment. He feels so scared for Yeosang, especially when the younger has not woken up yet.

Mr. and Mrs. Park had been watching Seonghwa walking and checking the room from time to time. It worried the parents, but can't deny that they are scared too on what is going to happen to Yeosang.

Joohee stood up and caressed her son's shoulder, "Seonghwa darling, please get some rest. You've been waiting since seven in the morning."

"I'm fine, Mom. I need to know that Yeosang will be alright."

"He will be okay, Hwa. You have to be positive--"

"I'm trying to be, Mom. B-but I'm so scared losing him. I don't want him to end up like Lia. I-I don't think I'll be able survive if Yeosang's not around." Seonghwa stammered as he feels pressured with the time. The fact that Yeosang is not breathing, and the doctors are until now handling the blonde, is enough for Seonghwa to panic and fear for the worse.

Hwaseong sighed in distress, he stood up and patted the boy's shoulder, "Son, I should be the one who is sorry. I am the cause of all these."

Seonghwa proceeded to eye his father in confusion, "What do you mean, dad?"

"Seonghwa," He called out his son's name, "If I could've stopped Minji from that day of her suicide, then this would not have happened to you and Yeosang."

"W-What...?"

"Long ago before you were even born, I used to date your aunt. She was madly in love with me, but I lost feelings." The elder started off, "After that, I fell in love with your mother and soon to realize that I was truly happy with her. Yet, things take a complete turn...

One day, an apprentice of a fortune-teller approached me and asked if I was the soulmate of Minji. I was confused but intrigued. That's when she told me that Minji was cursed by that fortune-teller who happened to be a witch. That witch brainwashed her and told her that I am her soulmate, and since our bond is broken, Minji believed that she had no hope. 

When I arrived to the balcony, it was too late. She already jumped off the building. The apprentice told me that Minji did it to save me. The bond is broken, and since I am the soulmate, it was me who should have died, but in the end...Minji sacrificed herself. She died because of love and hatred for your mother."

Seonghwa had his mouth open, he did not know what to feel about the story his father had told him. To Seonghwa's dismay, it was absolutely disturbing for him. The look on his mother's face did not look good at all.

"You...have never told me." Joohee softly uttered, trying to comprehend the new information said. All she felt was guilt now, knowing that she is the reason why Minji's hatred for her had gone wild to the point she killed herself. In all her life, she believed it was Minji's pride and jealousy that caused every downfall of their lives. But little did she know, she is the cause of it.

"I do not want to scare you, love." Hwaseong comforted his wife.

"Still...you could have told me. She's my sister. No matter how cruel the things she did to us, she is still my sister."

Hwaseong nodded, "I know that, honey. I'm sorry for keeping it from you."

One thing Seonghwa could never understand. If Minji killed herself for his father, then why is he the one cursed instead? Why is Yeosang suffering right now when he is not related to the problems his family was troubling for so long? Why did Lia have to die when all she wanted was to...love?