CHAPTER SEVEN

Third Person

Sirens were heard around the area. The scene around the accident has been cordoned off with caution tape; with the words on Do Not Cross. Small groups of people were huddled, talking about the unexpected accident. Police accident investigators were taking statements.

Seonghwa immediately ran to the crime scene after getting a call from one of the investigators. He saw two lifeless bodies on the trolley going back to the ambulance. He didn't waste his time to run to his lover. He was absolutely petrified at the sight of Lia on the cart. Her head and legs are stained with blood and she was wearing an oxygen mask on her face.

He looked at the other trolley to see his lover's brother. His situation was worst. His head was covered in blood and scratches and bruises painted around his face and arms. Seonghwa didn't know why but his heart just dropped seeing Yeosang like this.

Seonghwa tried to brush that feeling away and prioritize his fiancé first. He held her hand and kissed her knuckles. He tried calling Lia's name but the latter didn't move a single bit.

"Excuse me, but what is your relationship to the victim?" The male nurse suddenly asked as the other nurses pushed the two carts in the ambulance.

"I'm her fiancé." Seonghwa answered, then pointed at Yeosang's cart, "He's my brother-in-law." He added and the nurse nodded, letting him inside the vehicle.

Tears were already forming in his eyes, he didn't expect something tragic would happen to Lia and Yeosang.

"Lia, please stay strong for me." Seonghwa broke down while still holding her hand. He was hoping the same for Yeosang. He hoped his condition is stable after seeing the massive blood on his head. He must have lost a lot of blood.

When they arrived at the hospital, the two victims were taken to the emergency room.

Seonghwa already dialed his parents and the Kangs before he arrived at the crime scene. They could be here any minute. The raven-haired felt like fainting after seeing his loved one and his soon-to-be brother-in-law in a tragic state.

He glanced at the heart monitor that was attached to Lia's chest. The monitor showing her vital signs suddenly stopped and he heard the doctor say...

"Time of death: 10:27 p.m."

Seonghwa froze at the spot, he couldn't move his body for he is absolutely shocked at the doctor's unexpected words. His knees gave up and the horrid expression on his face never left.

He has been torn into pieces.

She's gone.

Lia's doctor turned his back to face Seonghwa then pat his shoulder. "I'm sorry. We did everything we can but—"

"W-Why?!" Seonghwa doesn't understand why Lia had to be gone for good, hence he couldn't believe it.

Everything was going fine then a second later she's already dead.

"The impact of the crash was so hard that her brain was poorly injured, and at the same time, she had a miscarriage. She could have survived if the paramedics arrived faster, but it was too late. I'm sorry." The doctor explained further before leaving Seonghwa with the newly deceased person.

She's really gone.

Seonghwa cried out as he hugged his dead fiance. He didn't know what to do know. Now that his soulmate is gone, he knew that the next events of his life will be hell for him and his family.

"Excuse me, are you Kang Yeosang's relative?" Another doctor asked the broken boy. Seonghwa abruptly stood up and wiped his tears before nodding.

"Yes, he's my brother-in-law." He simply answered, now anxious about what the doctor is going to say.

"Mr. Kang's condition is surprisingly stable. Although some of his ribs are broken and his left arm got dislocated. Lastly, he has to undergo surgery on the brain. However, he lost a lot of blood, so we need a blood donor."

Seonghwa bit his lip before asking, "What blood type is he?"

"An AB negative."

"Take mine, now."

---

The Kangs and Parks arrived at the hospital, immediately looking for Seonghwa and the Kang siblings.

Mr. Kang spotted Seonghwa, who exited one of the rooms. Mrs. Kang ran to her daughter's fiancé and engulfed him into a hug with tears visible in her eyes.

Mrs. Kang asked, "Where are they?"

Seonghwa couldn't help but broke down and hugged her back.

"S-She's g-gone. L-Lia is gone, Mother." Seonghwa sniffled as all of them gasped at the news.

"N-No, that can't be!" Mrs. Park stammered, hugging her husband.

"How about my son?" Mr. Kang asked this time, fearing for the next words coming out of Seonghwa's mouth.

Seonghwa sighed, "His condition is stable, but needs to undergo surgery. He lost a lot of blood—"

"Does he need blood? I will donate." Mrs. Kang mutters but Seonghwa shook his head.

"It's okay, Mother. I already donated." Seonghwa smiled, reassuring the older that it'll be fine.

All of them sighed in relief when they heard Yeosang's condition is stable. Seonghwa took them to the room where Lia's body was located.

Mrs. Kang didn't waste any time to hug her daughter, crying everything out. Mr. Kang looked terrified at the sight of Lia. She looked so pale and so fragile. They both couldn't believe that their daughter died in such a tragic way.

Meanwhile, Seonghwa was watching Yeosang in his respective room. He wanted to give the Kangs some space so he went to Yeosang's room instead. Seonghwa swallowed the sore lump in his throat, he was grateful that Yeosang is still alive. He couldn't imagine that he would survive from that hit. The bandage was wrapped around the smaller's head, chest and arm.

Seonghwa sighed again. He didn't want to blame Yeosang for his fiance's death for he is also a victim. As much as he wants to, he couldn't. It would be so unfair to Yeosang.

Seonghwa decided not to be involved with Yeosang and the Kangs anymore.

Seonghwa lost his soulmate.

This means the Park family couldn't remove the curse.

Seonghwa wasn't prepared for the next events coming in his life. He doesn't want to witness his loved ones dying. Seonghwa wished that there is another way to break the curse they are in.

As the raven-haired left the room, Yeosang's parents were outside waiting. The tallest motioned them to enter the room. He sat down beside his mom.

Mrs. Park embraced his son and kissed his temple. Seonghwa let out a whimper, "I still can't believe she's gone." while covering his own face as he leaned on to his mother's shoulder.

He loved Lia so much.

Seonghwa now swears he would never fall in love again.

----

omg im so sorry for not updating. i wasn't really feeling well these days huhu

anyway, im sorry if the chapter is short and boring and no seongsang yet, im trying to fix the events. writing is so hard AHSHSHSJSJ