CHAPTER FIVE

Kang Yeosang

I blasted the door open to see Lia on the couch, crying and Seonghwa beside her, trying his best to comfort her in every possible way. Mom and Dad are standing together with Mr. and Mrs. Park, looking slightly disappointed at the couple.

"Yeosang, you are back." Mom says and I went to her to kiss her forehead.

My eyes diverted to my sister, "Lia, everyone in school is talking about it. Is it true? You're really pregnant?"

Before Lia could say anything, Mom spoke, "Goodness, she even wants an abortion!"

My eyes widen as I directly gazed at Seonghwa, having the guts to speak to him, "And you agreed to this?" I asked, still can't believe this is happening.

"Of course not! I don't even want to, but in the end, it's still her decision." Seonghwa answered with a hint of irritation.

Mrs. Park suddenly interrupted, "Lia dear, if I were you, you should keep the child. You and Seonghwa are going to get married anyways, why abort it?"

Lia held her head as she was looking so uneasy and exhausted at the situation she is now. "I-I'm still seventeen, Mother. I'm too young to take care of this baby on my own." Lia reasons.

"Babe, I'm here. I won't leave you alone. We can take care of this baby together." Seonghwa held her hand and Lia couldn't help but cry even more.

Dad sighs, "If you guys just didn't have sex this early then this wouldn't happen." He harshly commented, "You guys are still young to have sex, for fuck sake."

Mr. Park agrees, "Son, I thought you were taught sex ed in school? Why didn't you use protection?" He argued.

"I did use protection, Dad! I have no idea how did I get her pregnant."

I rolled my eyes, "Condoms are around eighty-percent effective." I crossed my arms, making a point. I turned to Lia, "And you Lia, don't you use birth control?"

"I've stopped."

"Why?"

"The side effects are killing me." Lia rolls her eyes.

Seonghwa argued again, "Look Yeosang, we only did it once. We didn't even expect this to happen. Don't blame it on Lia."

"So who should I blame then? Your sperm?"

"Now you're talking with so much confidence, huh?" Seonghwa arrogantly says. "Don't forget I'm older than you." He warned me with a growl evident in his voice.

"Don't forget this is my sister you've fucked." I challenged him.

"Don't forget I'm going to marry your sister. I'm going to be your brother-in-law soon. You better keep in mind."

My heart sank at his sudden comment. I averted my gazed away from him, feeling the flush on my cheeks as a sign of embarrassment. Right, this isn't even my business to begin with. He even needs to remind me that he's going to be part of my family soon.

Lia stood up and exhaled deeply, "Just stop arguing. Can we just talk about this later on? I'm so tired right now." I could see it in her face that she looked so distressed at the situation and conversation. "I'm going to my room." She added, walking up to the stairs. Seonghwa followed her while calling her name.

I placed my index finger and thumb on the bridge of my nose. I'm already distraught at the fact Lia is going to marry Seonghwa at this age, now she's pregnant with Seonghwa's baby.