CHAPTER FOURTY-SEVEN

Third Person

Numb.

All Yeosang felt was numbness. His head was spinning as if he's having vertigo. As soon as he stirred his eyes open, all he could see was the white peaceful clouds floating on air.

"Where am I?" The blonde asked himself, familiarizing the place he's in now. "Hello?"

He tried calling out for someone, but it was just an echo of his own voice. It is agitating him for an apparent reason; he's alone in a group of clouds.

Again, it feels like heaven.

Yeosang tried to recall what happened before he regained his consciousness. He remembered calling Seonghwa's name because he was about to tell him that he loves him.

The he remembered a car...that vigorously hit him.

There he realized...

"Am I really dead?"

"No, blondie."

Yeosang sat up from his initial position, he glanced to where he heard that familiar voice that he heard days ago.

Then it appeared the grey-haired woman with a small smile on her face.

"Miss Minji..." The blonde uttered, not knowing what to say next since he is so confused with the sudden events occurred recently.

Minji kept the smile, "You did it, Yeosang."

The younger was baffled, "I did what?"

"You were able to save yourself from the curse. The last petal of the rose had fallen already. Congratulations."

What?

"B-But..." Yeosang stammered, surprised that the spell is entirely broken, "I didn't tell him that I love him. How did the last petal fall?"

Minji snickered in amusement of the younger's words, "You should really thank the person who hit you. If it wasn't for that driver, Seonghwa wouldn't confess his love for you."

Seonghwa...confessed his love for me?

It was weird for Yeosang, these events occurring lately seemed to be beyond his expectations. He should be worried that he kept crossing into tragic situations. He should be happy that Seonghwa finally admitted that he loves him back, it was relieving. But his body is so tired from living the life. At this point, he just wanted to rest in peace.

Minji noticed the frown on his face, "Why the long face, blondie?"

"I guess I'm happy to hear that he loves me back, " Yeosang gave her a small but obviously sad smile. "But I'm so tired, I wanted to give up. I don't want to feel pain anymore. I just wanted to live my life with the person I love without facing any consequences.

13 years of unrequited love was an awful experience. I lost my sister, and I didn't even have the chance to say goodbye to her. Suddenly marrying Seonghwa was too much for me, but I knew I had to do it to save him. I had two accidents within this year because I wanted to protect Lia and Seonghwa. I almost lost my best friend because of a misunderstanding. I found out that I'm part of this curse which was highly doubtable because I don't believe in anything. These events happening to me was too much. I can't handle it, Miss Minji. I wanted peace, wherein I want to live my life with joy and love. That's all I wanted."