CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Kang Yeosang

"Yeosang dear, you will have to move in with Seonghwa." Mrs. Park, or should I now say Mother, told me. We are alone at the garden for Mother wanted to talk to be about something important, which was this. A rush of excitement with a little mixture of nervousness ran inside my body. I get that we are married but was it really required for us to live together in one house?

"I don't think Seonghwa would like that--"

She pressed her fingers on my lips to shut me, "Don't worry, dear. I already talked to Seonghwa about that, and he had no choice to agree since it's about our family history." She explained in reassurance. "And I am sorry that you had to be part of this, part of Seonghwa's life forever." She looked down with a small frown.

I rubbed her shoulder her, indirectly telling her that it's okay. "To be honest Mother, I've liked Seonghwa for a long time now. So it doesn't really bother that I have to spend the rest of my life with him." I confessed without any hesitation, and prayed that Seonghwa's mother would still accept me.

She arched an eyebrow, "You've liked Seonghwa? Since when? Even when Lia was still around?"

I nodded with a sigh, "Yes, which I kind of feel guilty for liking my sister's fiance. I still remember the day she called me disgusting for liking your son."

She returned a petite smile and cupped my cheeks for me to look at her, "Don't feel guilty, Yeosang. I'm sure she was in shock and she didn't mean all of those." She said and ruffled my hair, "I'm really glad you opened up to me. I'm thankful that you are my son-in-law. You are very sweet and understanding. And don't worry, your secret is safe with me darling." (Joohee best mother)

I giggled softly and replied a small, "Thank you, mother."

"Anytime, dear. Now you should go with Seonghwa now, you'll be staying in your new house from now on."

---

My eyes widen when I first saw the house we are going to be staying. It was large that a whole family of six to eight can fit in here. I knew Seonghwa's parents are wealthy as fuck but I didn't think we would be staying in a huge ass house. 

Its geometric structure makes it a little bit different from the houses seen nearby. Modernized buildings have become a trope for a lot of people, but it's odd from where it's located. It has become one with the woods, surrounded by trees, not what you expect. You would rather see a cabin in these places. Simple in sight, a minimalistic approach, yet the interior is grand. The carved walls give out a rough surface while it complements the windows with a coral tint. Hints of red and black could be seen mixed with its greyish hue. 

When walking in, it gives out a menacing aura though in reality, it's very welcoming and homey. What makes it intimidating is the futuristic features, not familiar to a lot. But other than that, it is designed for comfort. The glass tiles add more to its unique look. The chandelier grabs your attention with its majesty. Along the corridors are art pieces displayed. Paintings and porcelain figures that looks like they cost a fortune. Collections of silverware are seen by the thin blinds which are considered as fancy curtains. Tables of marble and chairs of timber exhibited by the halls. The spiral staircases just amazes all who come in. How many steps does it have? This enormous chamber just is an architect's dream. 

Oh yeah...it's huge, white with a mixture of different colors and expensive as fuck.

I set my bags down and my suitcase aside, still in awe of the interior of the house. Seonghwa just shrugged and went to find his bedroom. I followed him instinctively, arriving at the room which he's planning to stay.