29. THE MEETING ROOM

Dressed in a navy blue shirt with black slacks, I stood inside my office facing the window and looking at the city in front of me which looked very much alive in the daytime as compared to when I was gazing at it yesternight

My hands were tucked inside my pockets as I thought about the events that took place yesterday. I simply cannot let anything happen to all three of them and even though I am well aware of the fact that a lot can happen in a span of a week. But in my haste, I cannot risk their lives.

The plan has to be foolproof with not a single loophole otherwise everything will go downhill. I have to avoid the possibilities of casualties, I cannot promise that there will be none but I will put my all in to avoid it as much as possible.

This family cannot bear any more losses than it already has.

Ever since Papa Luigi, the head of Italian and Sicilian Mafioso, passed away eight years ago, dad was to fill in his position which meant that the responsibility on his shoulders would increase ten folds and so I had to take over at a very young age.

Initially, it was difficult for me to grasp everything but I gradually got the hang of it with everyone's help. When I turned twenty-one, I changed a lot of policies, made a lot of enemies including the French, and also strengthen our legal as well drug business. I was feared for a reason, and even though I was my father's descendant, I made a name for myself in the legal business and sealed more deals than dad ever did in his tenure.

I am not boasting, I would never be able to reach his level, but I still made a lot of efforts to make him proud of me and lessen his worries since his position was upgraded.

There was a knock on my office's door and without moving my gaze from the window, I told the person to come in.

The door opened and my eyes darted to my wristwatch only to see that it was nine am on the dot and I heard multiple footsteps indicating that they have reached my office.

Finally, I turned around to see Zio Asher standing there looking as if he hasn't slept in a long, long time. Well, I didn't sleep a wink either last night.

"I want her back." He spoke in a grave voice before everyone entered the office and took their respective seats.

I nodded at him once and settled in my own chair behind the desk before looking at everyone.

All the immediate family including Javier was present inside the office and they all appeared agitated and frustrated as their eyes were set on me in anticipation.

"Good morning, everyone." I greeted.

"There's nothing good about this morning, Adrian." Zio Leo spoke while leaning against a wall in the corner and away from everyone.

I cleared my throat before speaking, "Let's look at the positive side of the things, shall we? With that attitude, we're gonna lose a lot more than those three women."