16. FACING THE CONSEQUENCE

"Hey you

"Hey you." he smiled charmingly.

I shook my head with a small chuckle, "What are you doing here? I asked.

"My sister's the showstopper. What brings you here?" he asked.

"Veronica Mancini is my mother." I told.

His eyes widened a fraction in astonishment and I flashed him a small grin.

"How are you?" he questioned.

His hazel eyes were staring down at me in admiration and awe.

"I'm good. You?" I averted my gaze and looked around.

"Likewise. Its good to see you, again." he spoke softly.

"Same here." I replied and spotted dad standing with zio Xander and a few other men who I didn't recognize.

"Your father?" he asked following my gaze.

I nodded my head with a proud smile dancing on my lips. Dad was my everything, the first man to hold my heart.

"We're working on a business project together." he informed.

My head snapped to him quickly and I looked at him in confusion, "Really? He didn't mention." I stated.

"We're signing the deal tomorrow." he told and I nodded once.

"It's nice to see you, Ryan but I must excuse myself now." I said politely.

"Of course. See you when the show starts." he smiled.

"Sure." I replied and made my way to where dad was.

The show was going to start fifteen minutes late due to some technical issue. Should have taken more time to get ready, I thought.

He looked at me and his eyes widened in surprise, "My daughter is outshining everyone tonight." he complimented lovingly.

I giggled and side hugged him, "I'm your daughter. Gotta keep up the reputation, duh."

He laughed along with others and I hugged zio Xander, "Hey, handsome."

"Hey, gorgeous." he teased.

I was standing between dad and zio listening to their conversation about business and politics when zio nudged me and I looked up at him questioningly.

"Nine o' clock, that man has been staring at you for the past almost four minutes." he whispered.

I looked at him in disbelief and slowly turned in the direction to see Ryan talking to a man, "He's not." I said turning to zio.

"He was, trust me. I know him, he's a good man." he told with a shrug.

My eyebrows pinched slightly and I looked down as a dull ache began to form inside of my chest, "Let him stare. We can't always have what we want." I whispered quietly.