40. THE UNINVITED GUEST

I stalked towards her and she shrank further in her seat while drooping her head

"I am so fuckin' done with your shit, Sylvia. It's been five fuckin days yet you continue to be a pain in my ass every single time it comes to eating. What's gotten into you? You can't take a bite or two and say 'I am full.'" I scolded gripping her jaw roughly.

She looked at me with fat tears in her eyes which started to cascade down her cheeks, uncontrollably, and she broke into sobs.

My heart nearly leaped out of my chest in fear but I was not going to fall for it this time. This is exactly what she has been doing for the past five days to prevent herself from my lecture about her not eating properly. She knew I'd never say anything to her if she cried like that. I would always end up feeding her because of childish protests and she would make me feel guilty by looking at me as if I have betrayed her.

But this time, however, she did not quieten. She continued to sob in my chest while gripping the lapels of my suit jacket and I instantly got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Sylvia." I whispered her name softly and my hand went from her jaw to her back, gently rubbing it.

"I don't deserve to eat, and I-I don't deserve to be cared for. Stop doing this." She spoke in between her constant sobbing.

I frowned as I registered her words, "What?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked, threading my fingers in her hair and pulling her face up tenderly.

Her face was flushed and she finally stopped sobbing, "I don't dese-"

"Who the fuck told you that, Sylvia?" I cut her off.

She swallowed and averted her gaze but I was not having any of it so I took a hold of her chin and made her face me, "I am asking you for the last time, WHO. THE. FUCK. TOLD. YOU. THAT?" I enunciated each word.

She parted her lips but no sound came out and my jaw clenched as I tried to control my anger for her sake.

She probably sensed it because the next moment she whispered something that shook the ground beneath my feet.

"They did not give me food, th-they reminded me every single minute how I don't deserve to eat good or eat at all. I-they told me that I am just a privileged brat who got everything served to her on a silver platter and did nothing to earn it. They said that I feel like I am entitled to everything in my life and that I-I don't deserve to be cared for. I should have died that...night. I deserved to be r-raped and the scars on my body, are a sign o-of how I was unable to defend myself."

I exhaled a shaky breath as I kept staring at her, the broken look etched on it will forever haunt me. Wordlessly, I picked her up in my arms and climbed upstairs. I could feel her eyes on the side of my face as she stared at me in probable confusion.