51. FORMING ALLIES

I raked my hands through his hair and tugged at them making him groan but the sound of tapping of the keys did not cease

"Sia." He groaned.

"I am hungry." I whined.

"I know, tesoro. Give me five more minutes, si?" He said.

"No. I need food in me stomach." I huffed.

"Tesoro, Tina's niece was sick so she's on a vacation. I'll fix you up something once I am done editing this contract." He told.

"Your stupid contract is more important than me?" I pouted and pulled away.

Adrian and I were in his office where he was supposed to be editing a contract and I was way too clingy to leave him alone so I tagged along.

The sound of the keyboard smashing stopped and he grabbed the back of my head, which was resting on his shoulder, to make me face him.

"It is not. But, it had been in my pending work for over a week now so I had to review it today before emailing it back to Tomasso so he can forward it to the company." He explained.

"I get it. Can we have food now?" I asked getting impatient.

He raised his brow before questioning, "And why are you so hungry all of a sudden?"

"I think you put a baby inside me." I shrugged.

"Sia, I-we-you can't get pregnant overnight." He deadpanned.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." I dismissed him with a wave of the hand and grasped his shoulders wanting to get up from his lap but stopped.

He kept staring at me with a blank face, "What are you staring at?" I asked.

"Aren't you gonna get up?" he counter questioned.

"What? You can't pick me up, now? Just because we had sex? Is that what you wanted me for? Sex?"

He stared at me as if I was crazy and then looked at my hands clasped around his shoulders which I sneakily wrapped around his neck and gave him an innocent smile.

"Fuckin' dramatic." He murmured under his breath and stood up.

"I heard that." I muttered, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"You have some nerve being this pissy in the morning when you were the one who let me go to sleep at fuckin five in the morning." I said narrowing my eyes at him.

He looked at me and his lips lifted up in a smirk, "You weren't complaining then."

My eyes widened and I gulped while averting my eyes to the wall behind his shoulder that suddenly seemed more interesting.

"Thought so." He remarked and set me down on the counter.

"What do you wanna eat, tesoro?" He asked, opening cabinets.