37. SETTLING IN

She was finally getting discharged today after Zio Paul and his fellow doctors kept her under observation for a day and a half

She was finally getting discharged today after Zio Paul and his fellow doctors kept her under observation for a day and a half. Her vitals were stable but she needed a lot of healing, both, internally and externally.

Aless had already brought her stuff to my place yesterday and I even got it organized in the room right next to mine. Honestly, this was just a way of keeping her close all the time.

I'll win her in three months and if I can't, I'll let her go for her happiness' sake. Nothing matters above and beyond her happiness.

I just love her too much to be selfish with her.

"Adrian." Zio Asher entered my office.

I had come to the office on a Sunday to collect a few files that Tomaso forgot to deliver and also to meet Zio Asher since he was not allowed inside the infirmary because of Sia.

"Take a seat." I gestured towards the seat and placed the files on a side before sitting down myself.

"I just want to see her, even if it's once. Aless won't even tell me how she is. It's like they both are punishing us." He spoke in a tired voice.

I sighed, finally letting my guard down a bit, "Zio, honestly, we deserve to be punished. All of us, including myself. And I understand where you're coming from but she needs her space, right now. She's been through a lot of trauma lately and everything that has happened before is only adding to her stress. She's been so quiet, except for the first day she woke up, that it's scaring me and Aless because we don't know what her thought process is. Try and understand her, too, and as far as the seeing part is concerned, you can come over today to my place. She sleeps after her afternoon meds."

He seemed to be on the brink of crying by the time I finished but he held himself back and nodded his head after gulping audibly, "Okay, thank you." He whispered.

"Don't worry, she'll come around. She loves you too much, after all." I reassured with a small smile.

He smiled back and nodded his head once again before taking his leave. I grabbed the remaining things and left the building, shortly.

My phone rang as soon as I settled inside the car and I saw Obrien's number flashing on the screen, "Hello." I answered picking up.

"Hey, how's Sylvia doing? Is she up?" he inquired.

"She's recovering, it will take a lot of time but she'll be fine. And yes, she did wake up the day before yesterday. I'll be sure to make a call when I reach home." I informed.

"Oh, thanks a bunch man and if you need anything, just give me a call."

"I will."

"Is my family alive?" he asked after a pregnant pause.

"They are, yet. Sia decides their future." I spoke coldly.

He sighed from the other end, "I understand, and I am sorry that you had to go through that because of us."