43. DANCING TO OUR RHYTHM

"I can't believe you kept something like this from us for so many years

"I can't believe you kept something like this from us for so many years." Talia sighed out with a frown on her face.

"I always knew you guys were in a shady business. The Italians are never up to any good." Liam added while rolling his eyes playfully.

I smiled as Talia slapped his arm and he immediately clamped his mouth shut before they both turned to me with a solemn expression on both of their faces.

"How are you feeling?" Talia asked, squeezing my hand lightly.

"I'm...fine, I guess." I whispered staring at our hands.

Her hand was warm, but it was not as warm as Adrian's and unlike her completely warm hand, Adrian's hand was warm and cold. Cold because of the metal of his rings, that adorned his fore, middle and pinky fingers of both hands.

I snapped myself out of my absurd thoughts. Was I seriously comparing my best friend to Adrian? The man was living in my head and heart rent-free.

"You'll be fine, soon. We're here with you." She reassured with a gentle smile.

I returned her gesture with a small, genuine smile of my own before turning my head sideways to see Xavier sprawled on the other half of the bed with his head on my left leg.

He was so mad that he did not even talk to me for the first few hours after his arrival and it was understandable because he feared losing another person he loved. However, he quickly agreed to finally talk to me after he saw me on the verge of tears.

They were going to stay here for this whole week and, believe it or not, I was actually looking forward to spending time with them.

A minute later, there was a knock on the door and Adrian's figure was standing in the doorway, "It's time for dinner." He announced.

We all nodded and I kept staring at him until he started to walk in my direction, probably to help me downstairs, and I felt my cheeks turn cherry red just like the color of my top that I was currently wearing.

He picked me up with ease, as if I weighed nothing, and everyone else followed suit.

"Are you happy?" he asked.

"I can't believe that you're letting them stay here. You've never let anyone inside, not even our family." I stated.

"Are you happy?" he repeated his previous question.

I thought for a second before nodding my head in agreement, "I am."

"Good. I'd do it again if it makes you happy." He said as we reached the foot of the stairs.

I gulped quietly and looked at his beautifully carved face from the side. His stubble created a five o'clock shadow on his face making him look even more handsome.

I blinked as he finally sat me down on the chair beside him in the dining room and my eyes connected with Talia who was smirking at me like the little devil that she was.